Support

Open search

Pin code lock not working

Highlighted
SOLVED

Hi, 

My daughter has a Galaxy s4 which is second hand. See decided today she wanted to change the lockscreen from a pattern to a code. I did this for her and entered the code and confirmed it. The first time the screen was locked it is saying the pass code is incorrect. I am 100% sure I am using the correct code that was set as I did it myself. Is this an issue anyone has had and if so how can I get it unlocked without factory resetting the phone. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi,

I think if you input the code 20 times it may ask for your Google Account information to reset the phone that way.

If that way is now redundant then you'll probably need to turn the phone Off and go through the Hard Reset route.

Samsung-galaxy-s4-hard-reset.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.
Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.0 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi,

I think if you input the code 20 times it may ask for your Google Account information to reset the phone that way.

If that way is now redundant then you'll probably need to turn the phone Off and go through the Hard Reset route.

Samsung-galaxy-s4-hard-reset.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.
Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.0 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

View solution in original post

Highlighted
My Pin, Which I've had since 2017 on the Watch now is saying Incorrect???
As it's a Pin I've inputted a min of 1000 Times, I'm wondering why now?
My Watch is 2 years old . Is this the End of the road ?
Highlighted

Please I can't access my phone. What could be wrong because I have been trying my exact pin yet what I keep seeing is incorrect pin. 
@Samsung kindly address this because am not happy now and have not slept well for this. I have tried holding the power button and volume button yet nothing. 

Top Liked Authors