Support

Open search

Note 8 weather app not fining the correct location

Explorer

My note 8 weather app won't find my Location. In my house it says I'm in Kingston that's miles away from where I live.i don't have this issue on my note 4.I'm from uk London. Also when I travelled today miles. My location said I was in Richmond. But I was 8 miles away from. Richmond.ive reset my phone 5 times but it still says I live in Kingston. Please help 

47 REPLIES 47
Superuser I
Superuser I

Are your preferences settings set to high accuracy ?

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.0 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Explorer

Yes they are

AntS Moderator

Hi @Live1.

Can you try the other options and let us know the results? (Hopefully may help the software peeps narrow down which bit of the app is being problematic.)

Community_Sig_S10_02s_f.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Explorer
I've tried all the options bro.it still says the wrong location
AntS Moderator

Thanks @Live1.

Just to confirm, are other apps on your Note8 showing your location accurately?

Explorer
Yes the google maps works
AntS Moderator

Thanks! I've let our software team know about this one, and will keep you guys updated.

Voyager

Hi you may already know this but too any one who doesn't i find by using the optimise option in the settings in Google maps were you are prompted to move your device as displayed on screen and also  by tapping on the blue dot to zoom in on your location helps 

Also on my s7 edge if I press the location writing under the location logo in the pull down then press details you will see an option for improve accuracy this will turn on low energy Bluetooth and WiFi scanning that is also an impove location feature that stay active when you turn Bluetooth and Wi-Fi off

DRUID DOODE
Explorer

my thread is not about google maps.that works fine .It's the build in weather app on the home screen that gets the wrong location 

Top Liked Authors