Support

Open search

Galaxy A5 (2016) GPS stopped working

SOLVED
First Poster

Hi

I use the Waze app regularly and it has always functioned perfectly, until yesterday when it was unable to acquire a GPS lock.  Since then I've tried Google Maps and an app called GPS-Status.  None of them can acquire a satellite lock.  I've checked all the location settings on the handset.  Location is on, and set to high accuracy.

The phone is running the stock Samsung stack and I changed nothing prior to GPS stopping working.  Aside from GPS, the handset is working fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
First Poster

Hi

Wow, I'd forgotten about this thread.  Yes, clearing the cache worked.  Sorry I didn't reply to this thread sooner.

D.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

If this was my phone @davey_flex and all tje settings and preferences were set correct I'd first try clearing the system cache on the phone and then if no joy then back up and factory reset as a final last resort. 

A Samsung service location or Samsung Experience Store would be able to run a diagnostic on it if required. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

Great, thanks, I'll try clearing the cache.

Cheers

Did it work?

First Poster

Hi

Wow, I'd forgotten about this thread.  Yes, clearing the cache worked.  Sorry I didn't reply to this thread sooner.

D.

View solution in original post

Top Liked Authors