Support

Open search

Camera not working now i have denied microphone permission

HI All

new to this board and couldn't find a category for S8 phones so not sure if this is the correct area. My problem at the moment is that my camera does not work since i have denied permission to the microphone. I don't need the microphone turned on when I'm taking photos. Does anyone know how I can continue to use the camera but still have microphone turned off?

thanks in advance

abby

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL Moderator
Hi @abbygabby

The microphone is required to capture videos, which is accessible via the camera app, so this might explain why your access is restricted when the mic is off. Are you using the stock camera application or a third party app? What did you use to deny the camera access to the microphone, as I wasn't aware that this was possible from the settings?

Hi AndrewL thanks for getting back to me.

I'm using the stock camera application, i turned off microphone by going to apps>camera>permissions

also wouldn't need microphone in video

im deaf so audio or a microphone is not useful to me

AndrewL Moderator
No problem, @abbygabby. I've had a look into this for you and can see that the Camera will not allow access to the app without permission to use the microphone. We understand that it is not ideal given your circumstances however it will be necessary to reinstate the microphone permission via Settings > Apps > Camera > Permissions in order to use the Camera app. I will pass your feedback on to our R&D guys in the meantime as it seems to be an odd option to include, given how restrictive it is.

Hi AndrewL

thanks again. This is disappointing. Makes me uncomfortable knowing that the microphone is on when im taking photos. I may need to change phone but thank you for your help.

abby

AndrewL Moderator
Don't worry about that, @abbygabby. When capturing photos the phone would only listen out for voice activated prompts, accessible by hitting the cog symbol while the app is open and selecting 'Voice Control'. With this option disabled/greyed out the phone will not listen to you, and the mic will only be active when recording videos.
Top Liked Authors