Support

Open search

Adding contacts to s 8 plus

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Options to create contact etc works fine on my S9+. It's connected to the APP ICON BADGES setting. 

Screenshot_20180513-102623_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

Screenshot_20180513-102841_Settings.jpg

Leon24xxx
Highlighted

Thank you so much. I thought i was on crazy pills. Sometimes I could add the contacts and others I couldnt. Hitting the back arrow works. Bravo!

Highlighted

Now I cant delete a duplicate post here. 

This doesn't work on the S9 running 8.0

I can bring up a page that says " Add tag", but that isn't the same as a contact. There are no other options in the slide in page, nor does add contact show up in the soft button.

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Option to add contact from hone screen by touching and holding the phone or contacts icon (button) is available on Android 8 for galaxy s9 +. To have it available You must first enable it in phone settings.  Screenshot_20180902-194950_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20180902-194857_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

Screenshot_20180902-194713_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

Leon24xxx
Highlighted
First Poster

Terrible design!  Been trying for 15 minutes on my Note 9 to add a contact from a phone number.  It's totally not intuitive and ever so frustrating.   I'm going to try the solution now and hope it works.  I had added a contact before from the phone list, but couldn't pull it up again.   Today,  the only option coming up today was the delete option. Total waste of my time.

Highlighted
Observer

"@Leon24xxx 

On S8 & S8+ instead of holding unknown number with your finger all you need to do is click ( tap )  little face on left of the number (in recent calls menu) then all option will come to the screen.  Things like add as new contact, upgrade existing contact , run 3 etc."

Tapping worked for me. Quick and only once. Many thanks! 

Highlighted
First Poster

Yes, it is so weird.  Sometimes, that method works so easily.  Other times, I don't understand why but the phone gets into this "other mode" and it does not want to work that way....it only gives me the DELETE option.  I have not figured out what this "other mode" is, but I can not pull up "Details" to add contact information.  Hubby came home last night and showed me how easy it was to pull up "Details" and add contact information......Then he too got stuck in "that other mode" where DELETE was the only option.  He ended up closing the phone app and starting over again in order to be able to make the app do what we wanted (add contact info).  Just strange programming and I just don't like the learning curve it is taking to get this simple action taken care of.  Thank you for your reply.  :-)

Highlighted
Apprentice

I finally cracked this awful problem.  When viewing your recent calls you need the small green (dial pad) button to be present at the lower right hand corner of the screen. When this icon is present you can tap the call and then tap details to add to contects. Without this green button present all you get when you tap the phone number is a delete option. Press the back arrow to get the green button back and then you can add a recent number to your contacts.

Highlighted
Observer

Wow, this should be used in design schools for how NOT to do UI design...!

Top Liked Authors