Support

Open search

Pro mode video ONE UI

Explorer

Sorry, double 

Explorer

Samsung, what news?

Apprentice

You should download a video recorder. It sucks but I don't see an easier way out of it 

Explorer

@Isreal wrote:

You should download a video recorder. It sucks but I don't see an easier way out of it 

That would work if Samsung didn't restrict third party apps permission to use certain features such as 60fps recording. Samsung knows this and they don't grant third party apps permission, yet it's what Samsung Benelux offered up as a "solution" when I emailed them. I feel like I have been scammed. I'm never ever going to buy a Samsung product again.

Consumers are protected under the European Consumer Law but Samsung thinks it's okay to just remove key features that they were advertising in order to sell the device to people. They will probably care only when there's several lawsuits... I feel like a fool for helping them get this big by buying their stuff for ten years only to be ripped off. Never again, Samsung. Never again.

I've found a solution to the missing Pro video function.

Use Pro mode in photo, set your settings, then start video using voice activate. It keeps the Pro photo settings. To stop recording press the back/return button.
First Poster

I've tested this but it's not the same quality that used to be. The quality decreased a lot!

Explorer

Well, I took the plunge yesterday and rolled back my phone. Turned out to be quite easy to do. Needless to say, I won't be updating again for a very long time. Not until I see Samsung have sorted their sh!t out.

Apprentice

I am thinking of buying FilmicPro app. If not, returning to oreo seems like okay option.

Apprentice

IT didn't work in my s9 plus

Highlighted
Explorer

I found the appropriate carrier image for my S9+ on the sammobile site, followed the instructions there (which were the same as those on a Youtube video I watched on how to do it). All up probably took an hour. The longest part was backing up the phone.

Top Liked Authors