Support

Open search

One UI/Pie Release: UK & Ireland.

Explorer

I bought a Samsung S9 plus from UK, which was locked in EE. I have unlocked it in Romania and have not yet received the upgrade to PIE. How long will it take to get it?

Highlighted
Navigator

@ValentinS9 wrote:

I bought a Samsung S9 plus from UK, which was locked in EE. I have unlocked it in Romania and have not yet received the upgrade to PIE. How long will it take to get it?

221 hours, 43 minutes and 23 seconds 

Explorer
Soon as I got mine and I'm in Ireland, I got it last week so I'm guessing next week or this week
Explorer

Are u serious??

Explorer
Ar u serious? How do YOU know?
Superuser I
Superuser I

@ValentinS9 

Even though you've unlocked it to all networks it will still have the EE Networks version of the firmware on it which means it'll be dependant on when EE allow Samsung to send the update out.

Right now the only Official news is that it's a January 2019 push out schedule.

That said the Samsung One Ui is an aesthetic update so I'm more interested in the January 2019 Security Patch. 

There are some threads on here and elsewhere giving good feedback on how peoples phones are now performing after this update.

I think personally I'll wait for a while yet to update my phone even when I get it in my Software Update section on my phone as my phone is currently stable.

Update > I decided to update after all and so far so good. Early days.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Explorer

Thanks for the information. I'm waiting for the new version of android because from my point of view it is more practical, since the s9 plus is a pretty big phone.

Superuser I
Superuser I

I've just recieved the Samsung One Ui update.

I'm in the UK on a BTU csc code unlocked direct from Samsung Note 9. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Explorer
I still Waiting. 😐
Apprentice

Still waiting here, too. 

28th and still nothing. January release? Samsung are so full of sh*t.

Top Liked Authors