Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI Feedback

(Topic created on: 09-02-2019 07:57 PM)
Bradleigh
Voyager
Options

Hi all, Just asking people to possibly put some feedback for the new One UI..

IF you have it on your device...

Edit/Update your post when you possibly find something. 

Loving is so far, a little apple looking but hopefully that might change a little.. feels good, easier to navigate for sure & greatly improved all round.. 

Camera is awesome, to me if looks an feels much better than Oreo. 

Here are some bugs I've seen so far though..

This is what beta is for though I suppose😎

The list.....

1. When scrolling down through emojis they seem to flicker an lose there grid slot, overlapping each other as the scroll animation starts.. fast scroll shows this also slow scroll just not as much.....

Able to reproduce this Glitch

2. When camera going over x2 focus you notice the different depth on the image, quite off putting.....

Able to reproduce this Glitch.. maybe normal??  

3. When my S9+ is locked & you wake ul device to swipe down & say enable aeroplane mode, when you have to unlock the device the top of the screen to confirm it.. upon where the notification/date/battery/clock icons stays white background for several seconds after unlock and enabling/disabling something.....

Able to reproduce this Glitch

4. When closing fb messenger active chat heads, I get a weird screen flicker partially on my screen, on homepage for less than 0.5s
Multiple coloured lines from left to right.. different pixels each time......
Able to reproduce this Glitch, maybe messenger issue but was not present in oreo 8.0

5. Only happened once, but went into notifications through settings & then when I clicked show all from past 7 days, when I first scrolled through the list of apps it was a double image that I was scrolling/pulling down, above list of apps I seen original. it pulled that image down an didn't scroll properly...... 
Not able to reproduce the glitch

Will update as I progress..

140 REPLIES 140
Scooter89
Pioneer
Options

@AliceVonderlust wrote:

Sure there are a few bugs here and there, including:

SmartThings not showing up when I plug in devices

Dobly Atmos does not turn on by default after reboot

Slow animation on the lock screen

YouTube PIP stops when switching

Once these bugs are fixed, one UI / Android pie would be the best version for the Samsung smartphones. I would never go back to Android Oreo / Experience UI ever again. It has fixed a lot of problems in my life.

My DolbyAtmos was on after reboot 🤔. I had to disable the step counter as that was pinned to the notification menu. I always have that turned off and that turned itself back on again. My banking app wouldn't work, after an uninstall then reinstall it worked. I guess each device is different though. I don't like how the emoji keyboard automatically goes back to the recents screen. 

I'm slowly getting used to the new layout etc. I have no doubt it's a step in the right direction. No one likes change, but change is good.

0 Likes
AliceVonderlust
Journeyman
Options

Not every change is necessary, but the one UI was a necessary change because it's fixed many issues that I was having with the previous experience UI. One UI is an excellent update despite the bugs still present. 

Just because Dolby Atmos has a blue light on doesn't mean that it is actually turned on after reboot. Make sure you double-check that.

I believe the reason why the other Samsung phones haven't received the one UI update is because there are still bugs present, but we with newer devices get the one UI sooner.

0 Likes
iBeef
First Poster
Options

Only a tiny bug but with dark mode active Samsung music in the notification area doesn't follow the dark theme which is a shame.

Screenshot_20190209-195608_Nova Launcher.jpg

0 Likes
godsrocker70
Journeyman
Options
Why change the camera oreo was great this one sucks. Why do android developers force people to constantly relearn their phone. New camera is slower and low light pictures are terrible and layout is completely different. My speaker phone is lower, now speakers make a vibrating sound when listening to music but not when low or headphones. 60 percent of my apps no longer work. Voicemail crashes immediately after opening there are other apps. Some like Samsung+ open and then freeze. I am reinstalling oreo
Lolabloo
Student
Options
Thank you!! That was driving me nuts.

I wish that was the only thing that I hated =[
0 Likes
NickA92
First Poster
Options

Not sure if already brought up, but this issue seems to come and go for me. There is a significant amount of dead space at the bottom of the samsung keyboard, which leads to the keyboard taking up far too much space on the screen..

Screenshot_20190210-072716_Settings Suggestions.jpg

Scooter89
Pioneer
Options

Yes, I get this too. I find it rather annoying. 

Screenshot_20190210-131943_Chrome.jpg

Scooter89
Pioneer
Options

@Lolabloo wrote:
Thank you!! That was driving me nuts.

I wish that was the only thing that I hated =[

Haha you're welcome. 

What else don't you like about the new software? 

0 Likes
AliceVonderlust
Journeyman
Options

Use gboard and it will solve the problem. 

0 Likes
Scooter89
Pioneer
Options

Shouldn't have to install another keyboard to get round a software issue 🙄. When you disable the nav buttons or hide the gesture keys the space should disappear IMO, not just be an empty space 🤔 that's just my opinion though 😄