Support

Open search

Not connecting to mobile data S9

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

Recently upgraded to an s9 from s5. Whenever I leave work (and disconnect from my work Wi-Fi), then go to use my phone on the train my mobile internet doesn't work. I have full 4g signal. I have to disconnect it then turn it back on and it's fine. I don't have this problem when leaving home on a morning and disconnecting from my own Wi-Fi? I don't know if it is some setting I have overlooked (it's a big jump s5 to s9 settings/options/features wise!)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

It's not Three. It's ever since Samsung released the update for Google now that this has happened.

To the OP, turn off VoLTE calls. This has worked for me and others on this forum until Samsung release a fix.

Why moderators are asking you try another sim card when there are loads of other threads on this very forum is beyond me?

24 REPLIES 24
Voyager

Hey @Jo0! Are you on a Pay as you go or a Pay monthly account? Have you already spoken with your network provider regarding this? 

First Poster

I have a SIM only contract with three, and bought the phone outright from car phone warehouse so don't have any help of that side of things 😿

Voyager

Okay, does this affect third party apps or all functions on the phone? 

First Poster

It seems to be everything 

CarlH Moderator

Have you been in touch with Three to see if there are any issues on their part, @Jo0? Are you able to test another SIM card to see if you experience the same issue?

Apprentice

It's not Three. It's ever since Samsung released the update for Google now that this has happened.

To the OP, turn off VoLTE calls. This has worked for me and others on this forum until Samsung release a fix.

Why moderators are asking you try another sim card when there are loads of other threads on this very forum is beyond me?

First Poster

I'll give that a try. Thanks v much 

Explorer

From my testing it seems to be something to do with the way the phone is switching between network interfaces. With VoLTE Calls enabled, the TCPv6 connections to the Three VoLTE endpoint stay showing as Connected and no other connections can establish. I suspect it's something to do with the phone being unable to update routing table (default gateways) after the network change due to a bug in how it's setting up the VoLTE connections. It's pretty rubbish. 

Three are calling me back to arrange a new SIM delivery next week (useless support from them). I'm going to try going to the local service centre again next week to show them this, hopefully I can get 4G reception there to make the demo work!

First Poster

This worked! Thank you!

Top Liked Authors