Support

Open search

Increase font on messages app

Highlighted
First Poster

What is Textra?   How does it work?   How do you get it? does it replace the Samsung messaging and does it work the same?   I am new to all this and not tech savey    Thank you!

Highlighted
Apprentice

You download it from Google Play. It’s an alternative to using the stock messaging on any Android phone. Gives you many more options eg you can increase the font size, back ground colours, text bubble colours etc. You can set it to be your default message app if you like it. Also allows you to delay sending a message by a few seconds which gives you time to stop a message if you realise you have mad an embarrassing mistake. Samsung used to have this feature but like all the other useful features they deleted it for some reason. 

Highlighted

Hi all,

We've just tested this on our S9's here in the office. Try going to:

Apps > Settings > Accessibility > Vision > Font and screen zoom.

Then simply select the font size you would like, then apply and save the changes. This will change the font size of your messages. 

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the Community! :smileyhappy:

Highlighted
Apprentice

Thanks for looking at this. If you look at the previous replies, this doesn’t work. It changes the font size on the whole phone, not just messaging and then when you leave then return to messaging it’s still as small as ever. Restarting the phone after adjusting makes no difference. 

Highlighted
First Poster

Thank you it work for me!!!😄😄

Highlighted
Explorer
Not for me. Pinch zooming holds the font size even after exiting the messages app or when going to another conversation
Highlighted
Explorer
Pinching is the solution for this, which replaced the sizing the font size up and down using volume button. Works well for me. I am on s9+
Highlighted
Explorer
Thanks..it never occurred to me to try pinching. Some are complaining that the setting do not stick, but it does for me

Pinching doesn't stick for me either, as soon as I go back to the main messages screen and then click on a conversation, it's all small again! Strange that it would work for some people and not others. 

Highlighted

There has to be a shortcut to increase / decrease the font size in messages only, as I have managed to do it by accident! I was half way through texting last night & put my phone down. Now the font is HUGE! But of course, I have no idea how to fix it. 

I can't believe that there is nothing online regarding this! 

Top Liked Authors