Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

First Poster

Man i hate it so bad just when you guys finally had it right grrrrrr cant enjoy my new phone this really sucks

Voyager

I could not find the place to set an individual ringtone or message, just one for calls and one for messages & Email. Very annoying. Not as it used to be, or should I say NOT THE ONE I PAID FOR!!!!

And whats more there is not a whisper from either Samsung or Google (I heard Google had a hand in the upgrade). That is one of the main reasons that I have been asking everyone to give a call to the 24 Hr tech support to ask them for solutions (I ask them to guide me thru changing the icons back to the ones I purchased) then the call log shows a fail to solve and registers the problem. It took me almost 10 minutes to get thru to a tech last call I made, it used to be almost immediate.  The tiem we spend messing around with the device trying to get it back to that which we paid for, we could be living. Instead we are chasing our tails, finding out that there are more things that have been pirated and stolen from us, and how much more we have been rogered with our trousers on!

Voyager
jfgratton

Apprentice

@Maxozone wrote:
There is a way to go back however it voids the warranty and is only for 'Techy" people. It envolves utising a program that I am told is used by Samsung for flashing new stuff into a phone, and the OREO program is available from another site.

Please do not. Really. There's a fuse on the phone's board that will get burned; this e-fuse is part of the security setup called Knox. The phone uses this to see if it was tampered with and thus voiding all kinds of software installs, updates, not to say waranties. This is the main reason why I'm not doing it. My Samsung Gear S3 Fronteer smartwatch wouldn't work anymore with the tampered device. Otherwise I'd have never bothered and fixed the phone myself.

In any way... it's been almost a full month for me here, I've ordered an iPhone XS that I'll receive next week. I'm done with Samsung.

--Jeff

This update sucks. It totally screwed up my phone, I love this phone but not now. 

Why would you even do this update? 

Add your stuff but quit changing it's functions, your changing how the phone actually works, this is straight up worse then when Microsoft used the windows vista OS. Thanks alot Samsung, your update sucks. 

You turned my phone into a different phone so it seems. SMH. 

Explorer

Everyone needs to unite and stick together. Multiple petitions under different names multiple hashtags in Twitter with some mean nothing to the outsiders. 

Start with something simple and eye catching.

#Ihatesamsungnow, #itsoverSamsung or #samsungslemonpie  whatever it is stick with it as power in numbers. 

I tried to start a petition months ago. There's hundreds posting in forums yet there was less than a hundred signatures... if people not prepared or wanting to stick together, We've lost.

Observer

Absolutely,  Samsung row this abomination of an update back!!!!  Or is this a ******** marketing idea to get people to get a new phone?  If so congratulations you just sold an iphone!  

This is the worst piece of ***** I have ever seen.  The contacts are now light grey on white???  Seriously who came up with that ******** idea?

Instead of a nice clean list the open apps screen is now 15 *****ing pages of full screen windows for each app that is open!!!  OMG my head wants to *****ing explode.  I could literally make a BAD comment on just about every screen!!! 

You even broke all my themes!  You know the ones "I" paid for and now their background and text colors are changed because of this ******** you call an update!

ROLL IT BACK and not only that FIRE PEOPLE THAT THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA!

Absolutely ridiculous.  I wanted a product from you now you are changing the product a paid a thousand dollars for because I wanted as it was

Navigator

AFAIK doing a downgrade via Odin doesn't trip Knox, but some newer phones can't work with Oreo. Rooting the phone does trip Knox. And after that it depends on what you put on it. I rooted my Note and everything still worked fine, including OTA updates, because it's still the same software. I just got 25 quid less for it when I swapped it for a new phone, that's all.

Highlighted
Navigator

You know what's the worst? I got this phone because my HTC was being repaired. Then when I got it back I decided to keep the Samsung because the camera was better. Sold my HTC for a pittance, Samsung gets an update and WHAM same sh**ty basic camera I had on my HTC. Setting a pile of money on fire would have been more fun.

By the way, Brits and EU citizens, you're well within your rights to send the phone back and ask for a refund as it is no longer the phone with the features you bought it for  

Voyager

I love the part about sending it back!! I hope that works well. 

The Note 9 was designed to be a classy business device, at least in my view. It is a very unique and was a great tool. Now it's good for well playing games ya know, and like taking selfies .It's like totally 

Top Liked Authors