Support

Open search

Delayed notifications issue affecting all range of Samsung devices since at least half a year.

Observer

I have one solution.try a VPN application from Google store and see the result. I think this is something about user privacy, that's the reason Samsung is denying this problem

Explorer
It used to work with adb devices, then I had to restart my phone because of an update, and now this doesn't work again, and this is brand new S10+, I don't know if this is Samsung or android problem, if it's android then I have serious problem
Apprentice

It is an Android problem and you have to invoke the adb command after a power off or restart.

Explorer
I did that couple of hours ago, WhatsApp message came after 28min 😕😕
First Poster

I have an S9+ and been havind delayed notifications since Adroid Pie update. All was well untill then.

things i have tried and did NOT fix the issue:

1. Clear cache partition

2. Remove apps for the Sleeping app list

3. Disable battery optimisation for apps

4. Turn off adaptive battery

5. Factory reset. Twice.

6. Turn off sleeping apps function

Issue occures on wifi and mobile data as well. If there not a general delay on all apps at once. If Whatapp is delayed Messenger might work well. Issue is occuring randomly form time frame point of view. There can be half a day that an app works well, the 2nd half of the day delays might occure. Have not identified apps that are allowed to push notification not to be affectred by this issue. Girlfriend has an S9 and the issue is affecting her device as well. Other friends using other models such as Note 9, Note 8 and S10+ show this behaviour. In the S1O+ case he is considering returning the phone. All mentioned devices are using Android Pie. 

Hope this helps and Samsung is looking for a fix.

Explorer

The worst part is not knowing whether this delay occurs on other Android devices as well such as Huawei, Xiaomi, Sony etc. It's easy for me to switch to another phone manufacturer, but I don't know if that will help.

Explorer
I think I know what is the problem. Problem is in Google cloud messaging service. Out phones are trying to connect to GCM and somehow these delays start to occur.
I saw that Google posted this message: as of April 10, 2018, Google has deprecated GCM. The GCM server and client APIs are deprecated and will be removed as soon as May 29, 2019. Migrate GCM apps to Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), which inherits the reliable and scalable GCM infrastructure, plus many new features. See the migration guide to learn more.
So I think that Google knows about the problem and maybe it's doing something about it. I've installed push notification tester from play store and it says everything works fine but it doesn't. Maybe in a couple of months, this will be resolved.

Hey guys, this worked for me. Go to settings, apps, clink on the three dotted lines on the right, special access then optimise battery usage. You'll see apps that are not optimised. Click on the downward facing arrow then all apps. That done, uncheck all the apps you want to receive instant notifications. Hope this helps, cheers!

Explorer
Thanks, for the answer but sadly I've done that too already :( I'm considering going back do Nokia 3310 from the 90s
Apprentice

I am using Galaxy Note 9 with Android Pie and facing problem with delayed notifications. I tried all suggested fixes and none of them didn't help. I turn off battery optimization for Gmail, Viber and Slack; turn off adaptive battery; turn off Put unused apps to sleep; turn off Auto disable unused apps; switch to High performance Power Mode; turn off Auto optimization for apps. None of these settings didn't help.

Top Liked Authors