Support

Open search

Delayed notifications issue affecting all range of Samsung devices since at least half a year.

Apprentice

I have contacted them,  thanks for the information

Apprentice

Thier suggesting I bring the phone to a tech cebter so they can see what is causing the issue. SMDH it isn't just my phone I have found 1000s of people in all kinds of forums having the same issue. I am on over the road driver. There is no way I can take my phone to a tech anytime soon.  Ughh

Explorer

This is call very poor service. You are in the same situation where I was stuck and still in the loop. My phone was repair twice but no luck and then replaced brand new still same problem. I have contacted them again and they start same thing from the beginning. I have clearly mentioned them that it’s same thing again you’re doing with the phone. It doesn’t work. They now suggest me to contact them by social network. They suggested to call them. When I call them they said we need to remote connection. When they unsuccessful, suggest me to contact them by email on their help page. I constantly getting error. So you contacted them and they said to you send for repair. This cycle continue with their own system and you never come out of it. They are not going to accept that their device or software is faulty instead blame third party apps. Meanwhile if you’re out of warranty during this time they will ask for charge for the repair again and again. There are so many reviews everywhere that people experience with samsung. I don’t know how to contact their developers but will try my best and come back here. At the moment they askd me to wait as new patch will be relesing soon in the UK. But don’t know if this will fix it or not. I will try again to contact them by email.

Explorer
I don't know but maybe my regular signal is bad because I've tried using my phone on wifi now all the time and I don't have issues, I'm going to contact my service provider tomorrow, maybe it's a sim card issue who knows.
Explorer
Believe me its not a wifi issue or any network issue. Its software or hardware combination issue which samsung has to sort out. Even if I believe you then it should be few people not 1000’s of people whose having same issue. If you look online it’s purely samsung galaxy series randomly affected. In that case your phone is working fine now but you never know when yours will be affected. If you going through this problem then you will be realised how annoying is this.
Explorer
I know how annoying it is because I'm still having problems with missing notifications when I'm on my regular 4G network, but I hear that Huawei phones and even Pixel phones have the exact same problem, otherwise I would just switch to some other mobile phone brand. If someone has new P30 Pro or new Pixel phone please tell us if you are having the same problem as Samsung users.
Explorer

Software update for the May 2019 availble to download today for the UK market. I am downloading it atm. Let’s hope this will fix the problem. If not then again not sure how Samsung will handle this. I am sure if not resolved soon it will be big loss for them. I am still confused why they are not acknowledging this problem since very long time.

21/05/2019 Update: After having this patch on my phone update, I confirm that the notifications issue is still there. No any comments from Samsung till the date regarding this issue.

Apprentice

Hello, 
I had the very same issue everybody here has: notifications for the Google calendar arrived late when the phone was at rest, usually at least two minutes late, sometimes five minutes. Notifications usually popped up immediately when I started handling my phone and so woke it up. This is to let you know that since about 3 days the problem has disappeared entirely on my Galaxy S9+. Notifications from the Google calendar application started to arrive exactly on time (as one would expect). I apply all system and application updates when they become available. I don't know if this change of behaviour (back to normal) is due to an update in the Android system, in the Google calendar application or in the way the Google servers function. If the situation degrades again, I will let you know, but for the time being something (I have no clue what) fixed the late notifications issue for me, they now arrive EXACTLY on time. Go figure...

Apprentice

As in my previous post all my Google Calendar event notifications were on-time yesterday. This morning however, they were late again, somewhere between 3 to 5 minutes late. I then remembered that yesterday morning I had powered down and restarted my S9+ phone. So I did it again now, not just a reboot but a complete power-down followed by a power-up. And now notifications are almost on-time, less than 1 minute delay. I will try again tomorrow to make sure this is not a coincidence but perhaps you could try too. I test this by creating new events of zero duration at 15 minute intervals and I check the time when they actually get notified. Could it be because a restart of a phone puts the calendar events of a phone at the top of Google's priority list for syncing ? I don't know. it could just be a coincidence, but it is worth checking.

Explorer

Sorry to say but people who have had this problem they have been trying all possible methods. It includes reset settings, soft reset, hard reset, wipe cache, firmware reinstalled by samsung at their service centre, motherboard changed, replace brand new phones and they still not figured out. No matter what settings or device you change it doesn’t work. So basically you’re lucky that it works for you but not for everyone. 

Top Liked Authors