Support

Open search

Delayed notifications issue affecting all range of Samsung devices since at least half a year.

Apprentice

I'm not an iPhone fan, but may reconsider if this issue dont get resolved.

Apprentice

This has also been discussed in the Note 9 section here - https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note9/Delayed-Late-Notifications/m-p/728678#M778

To Summarise - it seems to be a problem with the Network we are on. Specifically MVNO's (Mobile Virtual Network Operators). These are networks who don't actually have their own infrastructure. They use other company's cell networks. An example of an MVNO is Virgin Mobile, who use EE's network. 

EE, 3, Voda do not have problems with delayed notifications. These are Networks who all have their own real infrastructure, and are classified as MNO's. 

Virgin Mobile, Tesco, and other similarly set-up networks are MVNO's and seem to be the problem of delayed push notifications. 

From my experience and experiments these delayed push notifications occure on ALL devices - iPhones as well as other Android manufcaturers. 

First Poster

And have you found any solution to fix that problem?

Apprentice

Complain and take it up with your network provider

First Poster

I strongly doubt that this is a network specific issue - there could be a similar issue that's network related, but generally it goes way beyond that. For one, this problem is replicated on WI-FI (with mobile data turned off, even with the airplane mode turned on). Also, people in the Android central forums (from the links in the original posting) report this issue on several major U.S. networks, including Verizon, T-mobile and Sprint. It's hard to imagine that iPhone users on those networks are experiencing the same issue and not noticing it (and I know that iPhone users around me don't have this issue, because they get their emails 5-10 minutes before I do). Also, older Android phones on the same networks don't have this issue, either (my Galaxy Note 4 on T-mobile, running Android 6.0 Marshmallow, get instant notifications). 

First Poster

The new problem now is notification reminders!  I use them exclusively for texts and voicemails, nothing else!  Now all gmails arriving trigger a notification reminder in addition to the original notification.  Only way to correct it is to turn off all notifications for gmail then I won't  receive a notification when emails do arrive, not a big deal but it worked better before!  I would like to flash my firmware back to Nougat but I think they updated the bootloader with the last update and supposedly you can't flash back to an older bootloader version?

Observer

Same issue as everyone describes. I believe the Verizon update in September started the problem for my S8+. I am posting in support of getting attention os Samsung.

Highlighted
AntS Moderator

@fixtheproblem wrote:

I strongly doubt that this is a network specific issue - there could be a similar issue that's network related, but generally it goes way beyond that. For one, this problem is replicated on WI-FI (with mobile data turned off, even with the airplane mode turned on). Also, people in the Android central forums (from the links in the original posting) report this issue on several major U.S. networks, including Verizon, T-mobile and Sprint. It's hard to imagine that iPhone users on those networks are experiencing the same issue and not noticing it (and I know that iPhone users around me don't have this issue, because they get their emails 5-10 minutes before I do). Also, older Android phones on the same networks don't have this issue, either (my Galaxy Note 4 on T-mobile, running Android 6.0 Marshmallow, get instant notifications). 

Some iOS users do experience similar - but it appears not to be as widespread. (iOS is less open than Android though.)

Along with it happening across brands, I do find it very interesting that someone using different SIMs on the exact same device on the exact same firmware gets different results: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note9/Delayed-Late-Notifications/m-p/762135/highlight/tru... Anyone have any suggestions how that would happen and for it not to be network specific in relation to how things play with those networks for later Android versions (or even later OS's in general)? 

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Top Liked Authors