Support

Open search

Delayed notifications issue affecting all range of Samsung devices since at least half a year.

Highlighted
Explorer

Dang it, you got my hopes up this time with this Wake Lock app!  But it didn't help my S9 at all.  Set it down, wait 10 minutes, after that text messages don't come in until I pick up the phone or randomly 30 minutes later.  I have all battery optimization turned off.  I've try disabling and rolling back the Google app.  I wish someone could figure this out for everyone.  This phone is beautiful and takes great photos and I want to smash it because it won't tell me when a text message comes in half the time.  WHAT DOES IT WANT!?

Highlighted
First Poster

Is you battery saver on?  I found Wakelock worked when I turned the battery saver off and restarted the phone.  I used Wakelock for a day, but the battery drain was too much.  My sports scores are not more important than the battery so I turned Wakelock back off. I am currently trying Glimpse Notification, which was working last night, but doesn't seem to be working well tonight.  I wish they would fix this too, but I guess I will just keep waking up the phone.

Highlighted
Explorer

Hmm.  I didn't try restarting the phone, so it's possible that could have made Wakelock work better.  But I'm not optimistic.  :)  And yeah, the battery drain was noticeable in just a couple of hours.  Like your sports scores, my text messages aren't THAT important.  Although, my car chase notifications are slightly more important.

First Poster

Lol, yea the chase ones are pretty important!  It just shouldn't be this hard to get the phone to work properly.  I just hate when I wake the phone up and I have like 5 to 8 notifications go off.  Or when I am trying to sleep and a bunch decide to come through.  I restarted my phone and now Glimpse seems to be waking it up again.  I just don't know if I want to keep restarting the phone.  :face-with-rolling-eyes:

Highlighted
Explorer

How long is Glimpse working for?  I turn my phone off at night, so if it lasts the day, then that would work for me.  But I'm not going to get my hopes up.  I've been hurt enough.  :)  You don't happen to use Spectrum Mobile, do you?  I've always wondered if it's one of their custom apps or something that's causing this.

Highlighted
First Poster

I had restarted it this morning.  The game I needed alerts from started at 6pm.  So after the first one was late, I turned off the power saver, but didn't restart again.  I restarted it about an hour ago and seems to be ok now.  Last night it worked for a 3 and a half hour game and I think pretty well after that as i was still getting notifications from the score and a few other apps.  It seems like any time I turn the power saver on or off, I have to restart the phone.  Glimpse has a few different setting you can try if something isn't working, so I have been still testing what is best.  I am on At&t.  My boss is on Verizon and also has the same problem.  So its either Samsung or google is what I heard.

Highlighted

the work around of adb shell dumpsys deviceidle disable was the only thing working for my SM-G965F until I upgraded to the november 2019 update  G965FXXS7CSJ3. now, even the above is no longer working...any new ideas for those who updated to the latest November 2019 update??? help us please!

thank you very much for the post.

I think this is beyond ridiculous. I will be staying away from Samsung in the future. not because the issue happened. bugs are to expected to some extend with technology, but because they did not fix it in a reasonable amount of time with an update.

thank you much!

Highlighted
Explorer

It got WORSE?  Well, that's not great.  You were probably like "ooh, new update.  I bet they fixed it."  >:(  I guess my fantasy was that someone from Samsung would read these posts and say something encouraging, like they've been able to consistently replicate the issue and they're working on a fix.  My lower-tier dream is that someone will find a Wakelock-like app that finally fixed their problem after a year.  I'm not sure what I would do if my phone was actually important to business or anything.  My THIRD-tier dream is to find a little robot that every 5 minutes lifts my phone horizontal to trigger the wake-up.

I'm not interested in switching to Apple though, so I guess I wish that Microsoft would get back in the game.  Give me an Xbox Phone, Microsoft!

Highlighted
Apprentice

Why to go for Apple, the issue is Samsung specific, I always used Huawei and never had issue.

Go for Huawei, Oppo, Vivo, Motorola or Xiami, all work well.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Agreed - avoid Samsung at all costs, if you care about basic functions such as receiving your e-mails and messages on time. They simply don't care and won't care until we all stop buying their overpriced phones.

Top Liked Authors