Support

Open search

Delayed notifications issue affecting all range of Samsung devices since at least half a year.

Highlighted
Explorer

Event notification delays on Galaxy S9+ and Nexus 7. The Galaxy S9+ is very bad.Event notification delays on Galaxy S9+ and Nexus 7. The Galaxy S9+ is very bad.

Hello, I disabled all optimizations as mentioned here and still get notification delays of up to almost 3 minutes on the Galaxy S9+. I compared this to the Nexus 7 (an old tablet from 2013) and the Nexus has almost no delay at all, either 0 or 1 or maximum 2 seconds. I have programmed events in Google Calendar every 30 minutes and then recorded the exact time at which the events were notified on the Galaxy S9+ and the Nexus 7. You can find the results in the included spreadsheet image. This is terrible, the Galaxy S9+ is so bad...

Highlighted
Apprentice

Try disable Samsung Device Health Service using pm disable/pm uninstall command and restart. Let see how it goes.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Wow that is so bad. Have you tried disabling Samsung Health service using pm disable or uninstall command? Their are two same app. One is from google. I disable both of them and get instant notification. WhatsApp does delayed a bit but not worse. Sometimes instant and sometime 30 seconds late.

Highlighted
Explorer
What do you mean by PM ?
Highlighted
Apprentice

Its an adb command to disable or uninstall system apps without rooting your phone

Highlighted
Explorer
No, I disabled Device Health Services in the Settings/Apps section. I will have a look at this ADB command tomorrow or over the weekend.
Highlighted
Apprentice

Go to settings/apps section and can you confirm that you have the app called Samsung Device Health Service Manager or something like that?if yes and disable option greyed out, adb command can disable and uninstall that app.

First Poster

Unfortunately, this has not fixed my sports app notification problem.  I watch a bunch of games today, but the only time scores came through at real time was when my phone was charging.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Detail of the app? Did you disable app optimisation? Please do give details

Highlighted
First Poster

The app is called theScore.  Yes i have disable app optimisation.  I have tried everything on this thread.  I was really hoping is disabling the Health thing would really work.  My s6 was awesome and never had any nofication problems.  But this s9 is just all problems.  I just want the scores to come through real time when I am not home or I am not able to watch my team.  I can't be plugged in everywhere I go to get this apps to work.  Its very dissapointing.  Sometimes when a game is late I get like 5 to 7 notifications after I go to bed all at once way after the game ends!

Top Liked Authors