Support

Open search

Call recorder

Apprentice

Hello good, yesterday update to version 30.2 and has an option for android 9 and I get the feeling that it sounds better ... someone has tried it?

Apprentice
I'm having to same problem on my s9 after the update. Acr recording app will only record my voice. I had the app for so long on my phone. It has helped me out in so many ways. I'm pissed off about it and I'll never buy a Samsung phone again. Can people keep me up to date about this thanks
First Poster

Mate brother, open new community,  to ask from samsung which we pay for them 1k of pounds, but their service is *****, samsung we want official auto call recorder to be from factory of samsung company, wtf lot of china brands have it but samsung no ????? Check please youtube, from different  country is trying  to install this software, and lot of have problem....We ask call recorder!!!!!, or we will leave you believe me. :(

First Poster

I was ask samsung, is not prob. In processor, like uk is not allowed they to fixing this options, so i like design from samsung, but apologises have lot of china phone which is more cheap price, and have all software exactly from the manufacturer, so ill leave samsung for ever :(  i have samsung and another china phone which have official call recorder,  that china was help me with frauds not only one time

Navigator
Guys I have question, this Samsung s10 snapdragon will be the same blocked like exynos ?
Navigator

@Grzegorz79 wrote:
Guys I have question, this Samsung s10 snapdragon will be the same blocked like exynos ?

Yes of course it will have call recording blocked in the Android firmware as Google don't want call recording to be enabled in Android Pie stock firmware and like good little boys, Samsung will bend over backwards to accommodate that draconian vision.

AndrewL Moderator
We haven't announced any of the finer details yet, @Grzegorz79. It is unlikely that this will be touched on during the Unpacked Event, although as it was originally a compatibility issue with third party recording apps this may have been ironed out now.
Navigator
Navigator

@AndrewL wrote:
We haven't announced any of the finer details yet, @Grzegorz79. It is unlikely that this will be touched on during the Unpacked Event, although as it was originally a compatibility issue with third party recording apps this may have been ironed out now.

Why not reply to me Andrew and deny that Samsung will use the standard policy that Google aspire to regarding call recording in their Stock Android Pie OS? Are you saying Samsung will actually enable the call recording API that Google has artificially disabled as standard in stock Android 9? If so, why has this been disabled in phones that were originally shipped with this capability intact, when you force people to updated to Pie because of continuous and annoying notifications which will not go away until the software is updated? Surely this issue should be treated on a jurisdiction basis? Samsung can't simply expect us to belive that blanket coverage suits everyone in every juristiction where call recording is concerned and being vague saying that new hardware hasn't been discussed yet just adds to the confusion. This also still doesn't cover older hardware that has been artificially crippled after sale, making the device not fit for the purpose intended, essentially taking away a function that the product was sold with. Any answers to rectify and clarify Samsung's stance on this clear contravention of every UK contract of sale of every S9 variant that's updated with inadequate software via a pretty much forced notification   would be appreciated. It's not enough to just say that Google have removed the capability when it can be easily added back in before releasing the Samsung variant of the firmware update, without the need to use a home brew work around and root the device which compromises security. It's clear that customers don't care for excuses that the underlying OSs creator has disabled direct recording in Pie. This can easily be reenabled in jurisdictions like the UK and Ireland where call recording is totally legal within the RIPA legislation.

Highlighted
Apprentice

(Sorry for asking, but this long thread is a bit ambigious... So here comes a question)

Does S9 plus, with Android pie, have call recording enabled in EU?

Either as inbuilt feature or app, and/or with third party apps, such as ACR. 

If it is different for different countries , then please let me know which countries where it is working. 

I also would like to know if there are any other countries (outside Sweden) where call recording is working (on an S9 plus with Android Pie). If so, which countr/y/ies?

Thanks

Top Liked Authors