Support

Open search

Bring back the individual text tones and notifications on S9

Apprentice

Excellent post! Expresses how we all felt about this issue. I can only assume that the people supposedly in the "know" didn't think it would be such a big issue. How wrong they were! Although the problem for me was mostly resolved with an update still frustrating not more straight forward, in fact somewhat hidden.

Observer

My S8 had it and then once they updated it to oreo it was gone. They really need to bring it back since majority of their customers liked that feature  It's insane that they'd remove a well loved feature. Might make me look to a different brand if they don't consider customers. 

Apprentice

I totally agree! But be not discouraged!  It did take almost three weeks for my phone to receive the update needed to allow the notification tones in the message thread to be customized again,  but I did finally get it, after much worry and unhappiness.  But only in the message thread,  not as a contact,  as it was before! ( Much better as a contact option , Samsung!)  But I had had to go to new phone,  as my S6 died while out of town.  Maybe the S8 update will happen soon.  I hope so,  for your sanity sake.  About drove me nuts, waiting and trying to decipher who was contacting me at work without having stop and look, "is it my elderly parents needing help?".  Good luck! 

First Poster

Hello. I had the same problem when I first bought the phone. There are a couple of ways around this issue. Using the Textra App. In one video you must move files and such. I have found an easier way to fix the issue. However  I have yet to make a youtube video to show how to do this because I've never actually  made a video like that. But the phone is worth keeping. I considered returning  mine as well for the same reason but I'm glad I didn't now.

First Poster
I agree with the previous comment. It is unacceptable that Samsung has removed this feature.
First Poster

I downloaded message plus just so I could have that option that I needed for work

Apprentice

Just finished the newest update for AT&T... And the individual text notifications are back... Tuesday 14 2018. 11:59 p.m

I am regretting purchasing the Galaxy S9+ because it does not allow individusl tones for text messaging. Will this feature be placed on the Galaxy phones?
Yes I hoping it will be fixed with sn update. I am not happy.
I am hoping!
Top Liked Authors