Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android pie beta program

(Topic created on: 14-10-2018 03:45 PM)
Sasperello2
Journeyman
Options

Does anyone know if Samsung are launching a beta program for Android pie? The early builds are out. 

1,279 REPLIES 1,279
Libb
MegaStar
Options

Why you need an update so fast? I used to be a beta tester and I liked it but now I prefer stable device. Let others test the new Android for me... And if you're writing about Pixels, read please also about issues which they have after update.

JGeorgeKNR
Pioneer
Options

It's safe not to expect Beta before December and the actual update before February, Samsung has a history of last place in the updates as their UI is heavily customized, it ain't gonna change anytome soon. Samsung is always half a year behind Pixel.

0 Likes
JGeorgeKNR
Pioneer
Options

M

0 Likes
charleem
Apprentice
Options

Can anyone tell me how I sign up to become a beta tester please?  All I can find is information on signing up through Samsung+, which isn't available outside the USA.

Many thanks.

0 Likes
Sasperello2
Journeyman
Options
When you buy a premium phone you expect a premium service. Period.
Confused980
First Poster
Options

@Mereutacristian wrote:
Not soon. Maybe 2019

January 2019 Samsung devices will receive android pie

0 Likes
Technoboss28
First Poster
Options

@Mereutacristian wrote:

:thinking-face: So i can see most of my friends whit Android P on they're devices and they make fun of me because i own a Samsung and they make jokes about me every single day....I dont understand why Samsung is so slow whit updates? Why so slow? They dont care or what? Another big issue is that today is 24 september and Samsung didn't relese in Uk the security patch for this month. They will relese the september security patch in octomber. So slowwwww. If Android P dont come this month i will 100% switch to pixel or huawei coz Samsung take to long to give to custemers what they whant

Samsung needs time to put their Samsung Experience skin on it and to optimise it for their hardware.  Plus Samsung's android skin is notorious for having new features even before stock android has them (like always on display). It takes time to get androids source code, put Samsung Experience on it,  optimise it for the harware, make sure it'll work on all countries and carriers, beta test it and then do the same with the wide range of other phones they make.  Patience. Good things come to those who wait

0 Likes
WuNgUn
Journeyman
Options

CRJ alpha Pie builds have already been floating around... 

Users have noticed a new "Z" build on the servers as of yesterday. Z builds are Samsung beta builds. Rumour has it the beta signup will start today thru Samsung+

Sasperello2
Journeyman
Options

Isn't Samsung + just for the USA? Or is the beta program stating for Europe too? 

0 Likes
WuNgUn
Journeyman
Options

Yeah, US only... You can try to get it off Google Play but it's likely blocked. There are other ways to get it though.... 

0 Likes