Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant access camera settings on s10 5g since April update

(Topic created on: 01-04-2020 11:11 PM)
colective
First Poster
Options

since the april update when i tap the cog icon in the camera app it just throws me back to the camera screen cleared cashe and data no joy has anyone else had this problem since the april update cheers

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm not using your model of phone but I haven't experienced this issue @colective 

First try Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens. If it stops then one or more of your apps are causing this. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent apps one at a time until it stops.

If the issue does not stop in Safe Mode then..

1. Turn the phone off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache.  No info is lost this way.

If no help....

2. Back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset as a last resort.

If no help.....

3. Use a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre when they reopen from.being temporarily closed due to COVID-19

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AaronPogi372
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I hope you haven't gotten rid of your S10 5G yet. I had the same problem and I just managed to fix it.

What I did was go to Developer Options and scroll all the way down to the app section where "Don't keep Activities" is. Turn it off.

The way I understand it, the phone considers accessing the camera settings as "putting the camera in the background" while you tweak the settings, or vice versa and it kills the app which is technically in the background so it kicks you back out.

Hope this fix helps you and other people as well.

maxbarrett
First Poster
Options

Great, Aaron! Thanks a lot. Couldn't access my camera settings on a Galaxy S22 Ultra any more, toggle "Don't keep Activities" fixed it. 👍 

0 Likes