Support

Open search

Text message delays

Highlighted
Apprentice

I appear to be having big delays in receiving texts and notifications on my unlocked S10 Plus. The issue doesn't appear to be my carrier (Three) as my partner receives texts from me and he's on the same network, but every day now I'm having big delays in receiving texts, e.g. I didn't get my partner's good morning text until 6pm!

Is anyone else having this issue?

7 REPLIES 7
Superuser I
Superuser I

Is this happening everywhere and from people on all networks sending you messages. 

Do your sent text messages send and deliver Ok ?

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone and then see what happens with your texts.

Sometimes a sim card starts to fail and can be replaced by your network via a sim swap.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.
Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.0 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi, I've run a few tests and contacted Three.

The issue seems to only happen after I've had my phone in airplane mode for a while.

They're sending me out a new SIM to see if that helps. If it doesn't sort it, I can only assume it's an issue with the phone's antenna

Highlighted
First Poster
Did you get a solution? I having the same problems.. but only between my phone and my wifes phone. Our carrier is 3
Highlighted
Explorer

I have this same problem on my S10e on verizon. Already tried the easy switches of clearing caches and I switched the sim card and I'm stll having problems. It happens regardless of which texting app is being used. It's no good. Texting is the most basic thing- a top of the line phone should do it without issues. I've wasted hours on this....

Highlighted

Did you ever find the solution to this problem? I have the same problem. I have even factory reset and I'm still getting some messages hours later.

Highlighted

Did you ever find the solution? 

Highlighted
Explorer

I've had better luck using my carrier's (Verizon's) texting app. Though the app is not the greatest in terms of UI, I think my texts are being delivered and received. 

Top Liked Authors