Support

Open search

S10+ Camera, not really "professional" at all....

Pathfinder

I never understood people who spend their time going to forums and shaming anyone who has a problem with something regarding their product.
So just because you two are happy the rest of us thousands are crazy?

Pls, if you dont have any issues with your phone then refrain from writting here. Otherwise, the only sad people are you two, who peruse forums for no apparent reason.
Good day.

Explorer

@Venom7000 wrote:

I never understood people who spend their time going to forums and shaming anyone who has a problem with something regarding their product.
So just because you two are happy the rest of us thousands are crazy?

Pls, if you dont have any issues with your phone then refrain from writting here. Otherwise, the only sad people are you two, who peruse forums for no apparent reason.
Good day.

Exactly this

Explorer

Samsung S10+ camera picked as 3rd best camera by TechRadar

https://www.techradar.com/news/best-cameraphone

In low light this camera is just stinking, it really is. 

And I really dont get it why Samsung wont update the camera software. Anyway, my next phone won't be a Samsung anymore. I'll go for Google Pixel, unless Samsung can sort out their camera bullcrap. 

Pathfinder

HEY OP!! (the guy who started this thread/topic),

Can you please edit your first post to include this link?

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10e-S10-S10-S10-5G/Un-Official-quot-Suggestion-Thread-qu...
And ask people to redirect their issue about the camera to that thread?

Its a link to SUGGESTIONS thread. I keep asking people who reply to your thread and complain about the camera, to pls go to this thread and COMPLAIN ABOUT THE CAMERA.

If all the people who see your thread (and there are a lot of people who see it) go to Suggestions thread. It would surely signal Samsung.

Apprentice

@Darkye2019 wrote:

Got my S10+ preordered and got it on the 8th of March. Splendid phone, display, battery life... but when testing the camera..i can say that i am disapointed beyond any form of recovery... even with the 3 cameras on the back....it really cant match other phones...and that in a bad way... I have a Galaxy S8, which i was hoping to replace it with this S10+, but to be honest...the camera on the S8 takes better photos by far compared with the s10+...not talking about low lighting, or any fancy stuff..just talking about a standard photo of my 4 month old child...yes...lighting is definately better...but ..overall capturing "moving" subject and colour replication...is way way way way better on the S8...Even normal pictures taken with natural light are really like grainy...like ISO is used way too much and even with the F1.5 at 1/500 and iso 800  (pro mode) pictures are so grainy...and really dark and that is with natural light...not studio or anything...(btw..i am also a professional photographer and i know my "sh...t")

so i am now thinking of returning back the S10+ as the main reason i got the phone was to have a great camera and photo experience....

Really Really dissapointed because of that.. and maybe you think that it is something software related with the new Samsung One OS that came out...nope..upgraded the S8 to that also...and still way way way better pictures..althought the normal OS before the Samsung one that i had on the S8 was still better when it came to taking photos videos...

Any thoughts or anyone experienced this ?

I've got disappointed in the S10e's camera. The reviewers said that after the May update, the camera is on par with the Pixel 3, but nope... It's not without using Google Camera tech. Now I only take photos with GCam, both at day- and night time.

Samsung, please fix your goddamn camera software with Android 10!

Pathfinder

Hello, welcome to the forum.
Please go to https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10e-S10-S10-S10-5G/Un-Official-quot-Suggestion-Thread-qu...

And copy paste your text that you wrote here. Its the SUGGESTIONS THREAD that Samsung lauched for our complains. We all here are disapointed in the camera. Writting there is the best place for devs to see.

Navigator

If anyone thinks that any of the S10 range take pictures akin that of a flagship, they are quite obviously not interested in photography at all and honestly should not be commenting in a thread flagging the pathetic imaging on the S10.

Given that one of the biggest sells of the phone was its camera, for it to be this bad is quite frankly embarrassing. 

I have been a Samsung fan for a long time now and they peaked and got complacent at the S7 level of cameras. Those were 100% on point at that time. They sat back and basked in their glory.................and then watched as every other competitor passed them by.

I understand that, these things happen. But to just leave it at that and not even remotely try and address this weakness (which quite clearly could be done in software) is the worst part. They dont listen. They don't even remoteley care.

This is a much MUCH bigger issue for Samsung. 

Every other competitor has listened to their customers and responded accordingly. Oneplus, Google, Apple and Huawei all do this.  Samsung seem to just think that saying "it's ok" and "next time" is acceptable but it just wont cut it for those of us who dished out the cash for a flagship product and received a camera that is getting truly wrecked but mid and even low tier phones.

Pro tip. if the camera is turd and you know it, don't big it up as a feature. Becuase when it is found to be lacking, it becomes a flaw as it is now and I would argue that was once Samsung's biggest strength is now it's weakest yet most important phone component right now.

I mean, I utterly hate Apple products but honest to god, just think back to Samsung mocking the iPhone notch right now. Boy apple could go to town on Samsung for the camera performance in comparison with the iPhone 11 but you know what.......they wont.......as they don't need to becuase it isn't even close to competition. It makes me die inside when I see a company that COULD...............just WONT.

And if we are saying "just wait for the S11 camera" well............as the super-duper new sensor in the Xiaomi has shown, I doubt Samsung even stand a chance in the future.

Highlighted
AntS Moderator

Hi guys,

A few points:

1. Always worth bearing in mind that experiences and expectations can and do differ. Some folks might be happy with what they've got and everything's rosy where they are. Others might be experiencing something else or want something more. Both of those positions are equally great to share, and worth factoring into your thinking (i.e. not everyone is going to see the exact things that you do or exactly as you do.)

2.  Diverting activity into a general feature suggestions thread isn’t the best way to use the forum mechanics to highlight a specific issue. (HQ and the devs, like many of you guys out there, are more likely to look at the topic title and headline figures and say “Hey, S10 users sure are a creative bunch!” rather than “Someone ought to take a closer look at the performance of the S10 range camera app.")

3. Not that it’s a matter of the number of complaints, or you guys being ignored in this case. These are examples of the developer responses to relevant user error reports on the camera app that included comparison images from unaffected devices that we highlighted to them:

"I'm not sure about attached images. Because It is not orginal image. So, I can not analysis exactly right."

And:

"Updated images are not original image. It does not have any information for checking issue."

(Translating from developer-speak that's a  "Well, we'd love to make it exactly like you want, but at least some of the photos we've been sent don't give us much to go on in terms of how the software originally constructed them in that instance. :( ")

I'd hoped for a further breakthrough on that since, but as far as I'm aware none has happened.

So, the situation is that the developers are always looking for ways to improve the camera, but are unable to definitively fix the specific camera issues you're reporting as they need the original image files from each instance and device (including the ones not showing the issue) for comparison and analysis – otherwise they are just making stabs in the dark with trying to replicate the exact situations and results you're getting along with producing a solution.

Ideally, what needs to happen to help break the impasse is something like:

• On an S10: Take a picture that demonstrates the issue > attach and send in an error report with keywords using the Members app

• On an unaffected different device in the same conditions: Take a picture where the issue doesn’t happen > attach and send an error report with keywords using the Members app (either using a Members app linked to the same email address; or with it mentioned in the description so that they can be tied together at the other end).

And so on for each of the specific issues.

I appreciate that not everyone is in a position to do that though.

Community_Sig_S10_02s_f.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Explorer

Hi there. I appreciate you taking the to reply and it is quite a few hoops you are asking people to go through but I can understand your ask. What I would say however, and this is why I am now giving up on Samsung phones, there are posts all over forums about the decline in quality of the camera, I cannot believe that the tech guys take pictures in low light or other situations and find them to be worthy of being classed as taken by a pro camera as the advertising stated about this phone. Surely they should be taking test pictures.

I am now reading that the new S11 leaked information states a 108mp camera, that is so lame. The number of mega pixels is not important it is quality of lens and software. Suffice to say I will not touch S11. Anyway, thanks again for your input.

Navigator

Hi @AntS

I have allready uploaded (2 times) all the original photos by using the samsung members app. So very strange reaction that they have not received original files.....

Maybe there is another way to get the photos to the developers? 

But I also get the feeling that it has no priority by the developers/SAMSUNG... Very sad that they don't take there customers serious (enough)...

In my Dutch topic I have placed a lot of sample photos of the problem :

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10e-S10-S10/slechte-kwaliteit-camera-S10/td-p/1169177

And yes, they are cut outs of the original photos to protect my kids privacy. I Have uploaded all the original photos by the members app. But it really makes clear that there is a problem. If samsung really takes this serious, contact me and ask again for the original photos. But I will not upload them again by the members app, because I already have done that for 2 times, but they don't have reached the correct people...

And about the feedback from the developers, have you contacted the people who have taken the effort to upload pictures and try to do something about it? And have you asked them to upload the original pictures? 

"I'm not sure about attached images. Because It is not orginal image. So, I can not analysis exactly right."

And:

"Updated images are not original image. It does not have any information for checking issue."

Top Liked Authors