Support

Open search

Hide notification content until face unlock

Apprentice

Hi,

I've one question.

I want that my s10+ keep disable notification content on lock screen and it displays me only when I unlock it using face recognization as an iPhone X/XS/XR/...

How can I do it?

Marco

9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL Moderator
@MGRAPS: No problem. Go to Settings > Lock Screen > Notifications > On > Hide Content > On. This will show notifications on your lock screen without any previews or additional content. Alternatively, disable Lock Screen Notifications completely and go to Settings > Notifications > Status Bar > All Notifications. Hope this helps.
Apprentice

Thanks for the reply,

In your way when phone recognize me notifications not appear

But I want that when my smartphone recognize my face, on lock screen notifications content appear and when I swipe I'll go on home, okay?

AndrewL Moderator
Sadly that isn't possible, @MGRAPS. Your best bet is to hide the content on your lock screen so you can see your notifications but the content is kept private until the phone is unlocked.
Apprentice
AndrewL Moderator
Ah, I see. This feature isn't available on the S10+ at present, however I will pass it on to R&D guys as a suggestion to be included in later models/updates. Apologies for any disappointment this may cause.
Apprentice

There are any timing about this request?

Thanks for support.

Marco

Hi AndrewL, is there some update about this feature? i search all day but i didn't find nothing for samsung, but i have found that other devices like iPhone, onePlus, xiaomi and other just have this feature, Samsung can't stay behind!!!
AndrewL Moderator
No news just yet, @Italia6. This has been escalated though, so it's on Samsung's radar.
Observer

Hi 

Thank you for replying to our messages.  I am experiencing a similar problem with Whatsapp notifications.  As a general comment, I am getting perverse results when I change the inapp settings (ie. I can turn on pop ups on inapp which will then change my OS settings to "show content on lock screen" - no, didn't ask for that!

All I want the phone to do is to tell me I have a message, but not show me the content, on lock screen.  Sadly, whilst the content is hidden in the alert on the lock screen - once I click the lock button, there's a whacking great pop up for all to see (before I actually unlock the phone).  If I turn off popups in app, I lose my lockscreen banner at the top of the screen.

I'm really frustrated with this phone - as I don't think what I am trying to do is complicated or unusual - this is a really, really basic thing to not be right.  Can anyone assist?

Top Liked Authors