Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Beta Android 9/Pie for Note 9 - How to sign up?

(Topic created on: 08-10-2018 05:30 PM)
charleem
Apprentice
Options

Hi there!  

I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me how I go about signing up to join the beta program, if there is one.

I'm in the UK, so I can't do it through Samsung+ as it's only availble in the USA and this is the only information I can find online about joining, I've been messing with the Samsung Members app all afternoon and I've probably been staring straight at it, but I just can't find it!

I'm using a Note 9 SM-960F - 512GB - Bought directly from Samsung.

Thank you! :smiling-face:

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SithLord
Voyager
Options

The Pie beta is only available on devices running on Snapdragon SOCs at the moment.

Please NEVER install or flash any beta or firmware of any kind built for the Snapdragon, on Exynos based phones.... EVER.

View solution in context

15 REPLIES 15
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @charleem

I'm in the UK and haven't seen anything as of yet. 

Last time I think an invitation was placed in the Samsung Members App. 

Edit >  

However I would not recommend to go out of the safety of this and try a custom rom etc. 

Also if you've never been involved in a beta programme before please do look into the Pro's and Con's of installing it on your phone. 

I wouldn't recommend to use it on your daily driver as the phone can show signs of instability throughout the beta programme. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Typhoon1944
Explorer
Options

Hi @BandOfBrothers on behalf of the OP could you clarify your comment "However, I would recommend to go out of the safety of this and try a custom rom etc" please?  I'm guessing this is just a typo and you actually mean you WOULDN'T recommend it? 

Solution
SithLord
Voyager
Options

The Pie beta is only available on devices running on Snapdragon SOCs at the moment.

Please NEVER install or flash any beta or firmware of any kind built for the Snapdragon, on Exynos based phones.... EVER.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Typhoon1944 wrote:

Hi @BandOfBrothers on behalf of the OP could you clarify your comment "However, I would recommend to go out of the safety of this and try a custom rom etc" please?  I'm guessing this is just a typo and you actually mean you WOULDN'T recommend it? 

Thank you. 

I've edited my reply to say what I really meant. 

Once again cheers @Typhoon1944

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
charleem
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone, thank you for the replies.

I wasn't sure if it was a case of just signing up, similar to windows or apple beta updates.

I wouldn't go installing custom roms or a rom from an unknown source, knowing my luck I'd end up with a bricked £1000 paperweight!

Dj24
First Poster
Options

Where did you get this information that the pie beta program has commenced?

0 Likes
Scboyca
First Poster
Options

It hasnt yet. As soon as the support part of the website is finished, itll go live. Just google the Android 9 beta and itll most certainly pop up with plenty of info.

Anthony77
Journeyman
Options
Thanks
0 Likes
Luis37
First Poster
Options

:smiling-face:

0 Likes