Support

Open search

Removing OneUI

First Poster

Hey all,

I have just updated my Note9 and my phone is running on OneUI now. I really do not like it and I'm totaly regretted of accepting this update.

So please someone guid me to remove this nasty oneUI and get back to my lovely Note9 default launcher 😑

(Oh look at these ugly emojis list 😰😭)

14 REPLIES 14
Superuser I
Superuser I

Perhaps consider a theme from the theme store or a launcher such as Nova Prime.

 

Once a person has updated they cannot roll back.

 

The only option is a Custom rom which needs to be done carefully. More info on xdadevelopers.

 

 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster
I have 9+.. I hate this update. The camera is perfect.. now it looks cloudy.
The emojis are horrific. Except on this site apparently 🤨
Navigator

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Perhaps consider a theme from the theme store or a launcher such as Nova Prime.

 

Once a person has updated they cannot roll back.

 

The only option is a Custom rom which needs to be done carefully. More info on xdadevelopers.

 

 


Common

Superuser I
Superuser i know your a superuser on this site i dont wanna step on your toes but dont mislead  people off course
you can downgrade
 and you dont have to  install custom rom!
 
you can install the old oreo 8.1 firmware if you dont know why answer the only option is install custom rom bull dude ?
thats how people eff up there phones! 
 
thats not nice!
Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 LTE
Tab S4 SM-T835 LTE
Note 9 SM-N960F
Galaxy Gear Frontier Gear S3 SM-R760
Superuser I
Superuser I

@TH3ROY wrote:

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Perhaps consider a theme from the theme store or a launcher such as Nova Prime.

 

Once a person has updated they cannot roll back.

 

The only option is a Custom rom which needs to be done carefully. More info on xdadevelopers.

 

 


Common

Superuser I
Superuser i know your a superuser on this site i dont wanna step on your toes but dont mislead  people off course
you can downgrade
 and you dont have to  install custom rom!
 
you can install the old oreo 8.1 firmware if you dont know why answer the only option is install custom rom bull dude ?
thats how people eff up there phones! 
 
thats not nice!

@TH3ROY 

 

You have your advice as I can see from your various replies to people  and Samsung Moderators on this subject matter on the Samsung Community Forum and I have my own.

 

Respect others. Be nice to other people in the Community, even if you disagree with them. eu.community.samsung.com/Community-Guidelines.

 

It's quite fine if you do not agree with mine.

 

If your going to say its wrong advice and "misleading" and point a person in your own direction then I wonder if you'll provide that person with support and or a replacement phone if something goes wrong ?

 

Take care and enjoy all that the Samsung Community Forum brings.

 

 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Navigator

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

@TH3ROY wrote:

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Perhaps consider a theme from the theme store or a launcher such as Nova Prime.

 

Once a person has updated they cannot roll back.

 

The only option is a Custom rom which needs to be done carefully. More info on xdadevelopers.

 

 


Common

Superuser I
Superuser i know your a superuser on this site i dont wanna step on your toes but dont mislead  people off course
you can downgrade
 and you dont have to  install custom rom!
 
you can install the old oreo 8.1 firmware if you dont know why answer the only option is install custom rom bull dude ?
thats how people eff up there phones! 
 
thats not nice!

@TH3ROY 

 

You have your advice as I can see from your various replies to people  and Samsung Moderators on this subject matter on the Samsung Community Forum and I have my own.

 

Respect others. Be nice to other people in the Community, even if you disagree with them. eu.community.samsung.com/Community-Guidelines.

 

It's quite fine if you do not agree with mine.

 

If your going to say its wrong advice and "misleading" and point a person in your own direction then I wonder if you'll provide that person with support and or a replacement phone if something goes wrong ?

 

Take care and enjoy all that the Samsung Community Forum brings.

 

 


@BandOfBrothers 

i was not being rude i don’t know where you got that from ? So stating the truth is being rude, really oh, ok. i get it, you’re a superuser! So i must be rude for stating the facts, all I did was point out that your giving bad advice when downgrade is possible and your saying install custom Roms is the only way!

But you forgot to tell them, by installing custom Roms. You can mess up the phone BIG-TIME and the most crucial point it will and does VOID YOUR WARRANTY KNOX 0X1!

There no coming back from there!

But if one is downgrading you can flash a million-billion times phone would be fine KNOX E-FUSE stays intact KNOX 0X0 i.e. warranty intact!

How do I know this I got an NOTE 9 that I have downgraded from lame ONE UI and KNOX is 0X0 and I have downgraded a close friends of NOTE 9 to Oreo 8.1 secure folder s health Samsung pay all works spot on! And Samsung tech wouldn’t find nothing out if one needed warranty claim!

 

Quote "I wonder if you'll provide that person with support and or a replacement phone if something goes wrong ?" unquote

 

What, really! You want to go there eh hello. You’re the one who’s telling end user to eff up there phone, by offering them to install custom Roms! NOT ME! I see what you’re doing there flipping your mistake on me so I’m the BAD GUY!

 

Look i don’t give guessing or partial info in the first place! So nothing would or could go wrong!  

 

In the last month I’ve guided handful of people from USA, CHINA CANADA and UK all users have downgraded to Oreo 8.1 Successfully!

 

Seems like you’re not into your tech like Roms, Root, Mods, Kernels, like some are!!

 

if you don’t know what you’re talking about, please don’t answer I’m not being a prick it’s nothing rude about that and it’s nothing personal it's just pure facts! But if you just after post count then be my guest!

Tell everyone bull and get your post count sky high and become a power user! Eff up people phones it’s your call not mine!

 

Anyway for telling the truth I’m being rude don’t worry I won’t rock your small world again have a nice life bye!

 

Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 LTE
Tab S4 SM-T835 LTE
Note 9 SM-N960F
Galaxy Gear Frontier Gear S3 SM-R760
Superuser I
Superuser I

@TH3ROY 

 

I've read and re read all my replies on this thread and I'm still to find where I've stated that your being " rude "

 

What we have here is a difference of opinion on what Avenue we would take in regards to advice !

 

The Op of this thread must wonder what is going on and getting more confused by the minute.  :(

 

I did say done carefully when broaching the subject of roms.

 

I did say Respect others. Be nice to other people in the Community, even if you disagree with them "

 

I did say It's quite fine if you do not agree with mine. "

 

Suggesting I post just to increase post count "  and " Tell everyone bull and get your post count sky high and become a power user! Eff up people phones it’s your call not mine! "  however is you being disrespectful in my opinion.

 

The title Superuser was awarded by the Samsung Community Team here due to my continued support to others.

 

It's something I didn't ask for in anyway so if you have an issue with the Rank name then that issue is yours alone my friend.

 

It's great you've helped people as that's what life and these forums are all about by the way. 

 

I wish you well and agree to  have a nice life bye! as this type of conversation isn't helping anyone. 

 

I hope to see you around the Community Forum in the near future.

 

Take care.

 

To conclude please find Samsungs official stance in this thread > Galaxy-S9-S9/Is-there-a-way-to-disable-One-UI.

 

 

 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster
So you can install oreo 8.1
Explorer
Can you help me downgrade to oreo please ? Total noob
First Poster

Agreed. I would love to 'downgrade' as well  

Top Liked Authors