Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Pie update: status bar left side clock extremely annoying, please undo or make optional for notchless!

(Topic created on: 13-02-2019 08:04 PM)
dolfff
Apprentice
Options

To see whether I have notifications, I check the left side of my status bar. If it's nice and empty, I feel very satisfied. Pie update puts the clock left unfortunately. Of course this is inspired by the ugly notch phones. My Note9 has NO notch thank goodness! So please undo this or make it optional!

This is the problem for me and others: I really have to focus on the left side status bar to see whether I have any notifications. Meaning: I have to search for my glasses and pick up the phone. MANY TIMES A DAY. Even while using the phone, my eyes are drawn to the upper left corner because my stupid brain keeps thinking there is a notification. I want my empty darkness back!

This person explains it very well: https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/8ig44a/android_p_beta_how_can_i_move_the_clock_back/

This was my reason for creating my first post on this forum. More suggestions are coming...

dolfff

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ash2020
Explorer
Options

Functionality restored via Samsung's own Good Lock app (although why they removed it from their stock UI in the first place is beyond me!)

Galaxy Store  > Good Lock app > Quick Star

Credit where credit is due: I found this out by watching Thao Huynh's excellent YouTube channel

View solution in context

21 REPLIES 21
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I totally agree with the placement of the clock to which I've sent feedback via the Samsung Members App @dolfff 

I would suggest you do the same so your feedback goes directly to the powers that be !

I'm now used to where the clock is but af first I did keep looking over to the right until I got used to it.

Maybe even if Samsung added a toggle to allow the placement of the clock or something similar.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

dolfff
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your support. You have the same wish, though be it for a slightly different reason. Thanks for that tip, I will look into that members app.
dolfff
0 Likes
Isserlis
Journeyman
Options

I'm also constantly annoyed but this.

Please add an option in settings to allow us to move the clock away from the left hand side 

BananAltounji
First Poster
Options

I agree too.. plus when I want to check the clock, i automatically look on the right of the screen.. 

We really want the old place for it, please..

0 Likes
Solution
ash2020
Explorer
Options

Functionality restored via Samsung's own Good Lock app (although why they removed it from their stock UI in the first place is beyond me!)

Galaxy Store  > Good Lock app > Quick Star

Credit where credit is due: I found this out by watching Thao Huynh's excellent YouTube channel

Isserlis
Journeyman
Options
Perfect.
Thank you
Smitzinok
First Poster
Options

Works great thanks!

Sydnerella1
First Poster
Options

https://youtu.be/jAZFY1kjW6s

Works great just removed mine! 

0 Likes
Lovellynn
First Poster
Options

Thank you for speaking up regarding this irritating features. I tried to Google for an answer but it seems like it's a "upgrade" from Oreo to Pie.. 😠