Support

Open search

One ui no pop up window

SOLVED
Apprentice

I hate one ui its taken away so much features I used before.pop up window from the top corner  is no longer there. There's no point having themes add it doesn't change the whole of the phone's ui anymore, due to night mode. I should have stuck with the mate 20 pro.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Navigator

@Seanyb wrote:

I hate one ui its taken away so much features I used before.pop up window from the top corner  is no longer there. There's no point having themes add it doesn't change the whole of the phone's ui anymore, due to night mode. I should have stuck with the mate 20 pro.

Hey there the pop up view is still present in one UI. When you open the recent apps long press your apps icon and the menu shows. See screenshot20190210_124320.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Navigator

@Seanyb wrote:

Hey there the pop up view is still present in one UI. When you open the recent apps long press your apps icon and the menu shows. See screenshot20190210_124320.jpg

Apprentice

I am very aware of how to  add pop up window  from there.  If you read my 1st comment I said you could no longer do it from the top corner.lets just say I'm in YouTube I can't just swipe down to make it a pop up window I have to press the multitask button  then press the the icon on the app I want to use, then press pop up.very long winded.also I cant use 5 icons in the nav bar no more. And I can't make my notification tray transparent. All features that are now gone.

Navigator

I wasn't aware you could do all of that. If im watching netflix in full screen and get a message and i click on the message from the notifications shade on the top netflix automatically turns into a pop up window. Is that what you mean? If so i can still do that. You need to allow your app picture in picture permissions. If not this, then im not aware of any other menu from where you could make an app pop up. Maybe like you say, its been removed.

Highlighted
Explorer

Functionality restored via Samsung's own Good Lock app (woohoo! ...although why they removed it from their stock UI in the first place is beyond me!)

Galaxy Store > Good Lock app > Multi Star > Pop-up View Action

Credit where credit is due: I found this out by watching Thao Huynh's excellent YouTube video on the new Good Lock

You can get the Pop up functionality back as it was on oreo. 

Just install Good lock from galaxy store and download the plug in. Switch it on and voila.

Top Liked Authors