Support

Open search

Note 9 speaker

SOLVED
Apprentice

I just got my note 9 yesterday but have noticed when playing music and videos, you can feel it vibrating on the back of the phone. Surely this cannot be normal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

Overall i think the phone is Brill but just annoying about the speaker. I will be returning it and swapping for the black one. Once I have a case on it then It won't be so bad I think. Thanks for your reply 

10 REPLIES 10
Superuser I
Superuser I

How high is your volume set to.

Are you listening through earphones or the speakers and if via the speakers is atmos toggled On ?

On my Note 9 if I'm listening to music through the stereo speakers and loud then Yes there is a vibrate from the back panel. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice

Am listening through the speakers with atmos on and off plus 50% volume and still happens 

Apprentice

If I push slightly on the back then the vibration goes

Superuser I
Superuser I

@Michael2008 wrote:

If I push slightly on the back then the vibration goes

Yes probably because your finger is absorbing the and stabilising the vibrations. 

Mines the same. 

Current Phone ~

Apprentice

How can this be fixed? Surely if this is a design floor then they need to recall all notes 

Superuser I
Superuser I

Hardly a design flaw in my opinion and definitely not a global recall situation.

It's just how it is.  

If this is worrying you then check the Terms and Conditions of where you purchased it from to see if you can return it under a cooling off period. 

Current Phone ~

Apprentice

Thanks for the response. I have since spoken to my provider In I'm returning it for another model 

Apprentice

Overall i think the phone is Brill but just annoying about the speaker. I will be returning it and swapping for the black one. Once I have a case on it then It won't be so bad I think. Thanks for your reply 

Superuser I
Superuser I

No worries @Michael2008 

I'm not sure how swapping for a different colour of phone would help remedy what you see as an issue. 

I own the Black Note 9. 

It has a Rhinoshield Crashguard Bumper and a dbrand Black Camo back skin on it. 

That said I primarily use a set of Bose Bluetooth Headphones to listen to my music and YouTube while commuting etc. 

Current Phone ~

Top Liked Authors