Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A23 charger connection notification

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
SuziQSA
First Poster
Options

Good evening.
Since the last update on my A23, which I bought a year and a half ago, the phone notification sporadically pops up with "Your charger is not connected properly. Please reinsert the cable"
This happens when my phone is not even on a charger, and when I do put it on my charger (and I've tested with other Samsung chargers) the phone keeps disconnect and reconnecting.
If I put it on a slow charger or charge through my computer, then the phone charges.
I bought a new quality cable and have tried chargers that work on other A23s but it's still the same.
I took it to my service provider for checking but the person there was totally incompetent and was just trying to sell me another charger for a huge price.

One UI version  6.0
Android Version 14
Build number UP1A.231005.007.A235FXXS5DXB4

Have you come across this problem before?
Hoping there is a software fix for this.
Kind regards
SuziQ

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @SuziQSA 

First, please shine a torch into the phone's charging port to see if there's a build up of debris / lint in there. 

If that does not help then run the diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members App. 

You can also > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop or use a Tv's USB Port to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too { Possibly excluding the s²⁴ Series of phone's } 

A Samsung Service Centre can assess your phone if necessary. 

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes