Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 6 unable to take blood pressure readings.

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
yellowmatic
Apprentice
Options
I just had my watch 6 repaired under warranty (new motherboard, new back) as after only a couple of months it just stopped being able to get blood pressure readings. I kept getting a "signal is too weak" message. This is despite wearing it snugly, away from the wrist bone etc. Now the repaired watch has exactly the same issue. As far as I know I'm not dead and I have a pulse, I wear the watch correctly, what could be wrong then? Is this a known issue with the watch?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @yellowmatic  🤣, obviously  a significant problem though.  Sometimes there are signal issues but usually resolved.  could try recalibrating https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/apps-services/how-do-i-recalibrate-the-galaxy-watch/  Otherwise I would suggest restarting both your Galaxy watch 6(push and hold both the power and back buttons for at least 7 seconds) and mobile Device.   May need to reset as explained here https://www.samsung.com/us/support/Reset 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
yellowmatic
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your comments, though as I said the watch is fresh back from repair, so I would be surprised if it needed resetting.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I was actually quiet excited to try the blood pressure and ecg on the watch but personally am not happy 🙃.

For the blood pressure you have to keep calibrating it once or month or something with ans actual blood pressure machine which for me defeats the purpose of doing it on the watch.

Also the ECG is not that reliable apparently.

Medically I am not dependent on them as I don't have any issues and so for me they were more of interesting extras I wanted to have to monitor and failed short of my expectations.
Not to mention having to charge almost everyday.
0 Likes