Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 5. Where is trade in option for Watch 4

(Topic created on: 15-08-2022 11:22 PM)
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
Just looking at purchase options for the new Watch 5 Pro.  As usual there are trade in options.  However the max trade is £100 and the Watch 4 is not listed as a trade in device!!!
54 REPLIES 54
drljames
Journeyman
Options
Yeah, but looking at the various cex, musicmagpie etc... Seems going rate. Loads on Facebook marketplace 120 to 190 quid.
0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
100% agree. I have sent DMs to @samsung uk and @samung help uk to ask why in the UK we don't have similar trade in options as the US. They have completely ignored me! I'm sure they are testing the waters on inferior trade in options to save money. As you say try it in the uk as we are seen as an easy touch. My guess is when they see poor sales of the watch 5 we may get better trade in deals.
0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
Agree. Poor uptake in UK will hit them where it hurts and result in them becoming cheaper. I really don't want the Live Buds so no loss there.

Apparently after 26/08 they will offer £50/100 Play Store voucher instead.

Suggests the Live Buds have flopped and they are trying to get rid of them as some sort of offer.
0 Likes
Majorj0nny
Pathfinder
Options

Doesn't appear to be on the trade in list, and after a few searches I'm finding commented like 'it's a bug' to 'you can't trade in last year's model' . 

If the last year model rule is a thing, that's totally moronic and obviously a blatant attempt by Samsung to cheap out. You can do this in the US , you can do it with phones, what's the difference with watches ? All I can think it's they do want to pay any more than £100 off for a trade in. They also say 'any smartwatch' . 

B12UMMY
Voyager
Options
You can trade in last year's watch but it won't b on the list. You will have to select 'other ' at the bottom of the list. You will only get a £100 for it tho. You better off selling it privately.
Ck_
Explorer
Options
You can trade watch 4 but at moment trading price is similar to any watch you trade and you will get only 100£ not worth it. See this link
https://www.samsung.com/uk/watches/galaxy-watch/galaxy-watch5-pro-black-titanium-lte-sm-r925fzkaeua/...
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
I started a thread on this subject after the unpacked event. Yes it's a scam by Samsung. They see the UK as a soft touch. As you say in the US they are offering up to $240 trade in on the Watch 4. I sent a number of DMs to Samsung on twitter asking why the UK had not been offered a similar deal. They have completely ignored me. As for me I will keep my watch 4 for another year.
0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
Having to trade in last years model as 'other' and only get £100 is an insult. In the US the watch 4 is a trade in option where you get up to £200. To Samsung their uk customers are seen as complete mugs.
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
#bump#
0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
Bump
0 Likes