Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was so looking forward to Watch 5 Pro but feel a bit disappointed in it.

(Topic created on: 13-08-2022 11:35 AM)
tapalet
Journeyman
Options

Was so looking forward to Watch 5 Pro but feel a bit disappointed in it.

- watch is smaller

- no rotating bezel which is such a mistake.

- same processor 

- dissappinting trade-in offer

- ANOTHER set of free buds live with pre-order. I have 4 pairs of these now!

The 'improved' sensor and new toughened glass is all just marketing spin, like 'new whiter than white' clothes detergent every 6 months.

Going to stick with my much loved Galaxy Watch 4 Classic and hope they get it right with Watch 6 next year.

9 REPLIES 9
hughsie27
Navigator
Options
No bezel is crazy. I am still rocking the OG Watch from a few years ago and would probably be prepared to upgrade now for new sensors and style but the bezel is just so good it's criminal they ever got rid.
MrFinland
Pathfinder
Options
I am not too impressed by the lack of rotating bezel either. Improved battery life and faster charging sound great, but the new watch costs too much. I will stick with my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic as well.
tapalet
Journeyman
Options
I wonder if they realize this and are leveraging it for marketing on a Galaxy Watch 6 comeback.

The rotating bezel lets you access the watch without having to look at it. Pretty invaluable.

It would be understandable if the screen was bigger as a result of removing the bezel, but it ain't!
hughsie27
Navigator
Options
I doubt it as they already brought it back last year. What they might do I guess is launch a Watch5 classic
Tezz
Voyager
Options
Over priced MI watch. No bezel no buy.
Majorj0nny
Pathfinder
Options

Lackluster at best. I'm sick of this obsession for tiny tiny watches. 

It's basically the same watch with some different software bits. 

The digital bezel on my watch 4 is lame, to the point I tend not to use it if I can help it. 

I dunno. Was looking at preordering and it was helping that I could trade in my watch 4 but as pointed out elsewhere, trade in in the US is nearer £200 while here the max seems to be £100, while technically I can't even find the watch 4 in the trade in options. Word has it in the UK you can't trade in last year's model.... It's somehow not 'any smartwatch' ? 

blenky
Helping Hand
Options
You can trade in the Watch 4 using the option of 'other'. But as you rightly say that only gives you £100 while in the US for the cleric you get nearly £200.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Same here so far just seems like my Watch 4 minus the bezel and another feature coming error who knows, the temperature sensor.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Oh no digital bezel is driving me nuts
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes