Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Tags - Not so smart ?

(Topic created on: 13-11-2023 02:07 PM)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have quite a few old and new tags, so one i decided to give to my Mum to use as a tracker and automation (to call her and turn off a device).

Turns out without the mobile present the tag has no automation function, or am i missed something.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
5 REPLIES 5
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
How did you think the smart tag would communicate?
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
For some reason i thought the button on the ST2 was also a way to recover if lost, as in if someone presssed it, but appears that is only NFC cpntact info.

Method to communicate i assumed would be via any compatible Samsung device, like the way it finds the tag.

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The smarttag will report back but way of other Samsung users phones but you won't be able to use someone else's phone connection to trigger automation etc.....
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I can use my tag to turn on/off my Phillips hue lights.

Obviously needs to be at home etc.

As mentioned the tag has to be near a samsung phone.

It does have its limits but still a nifty piece of tech to have.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I guess the addition of BT 5.3 is not fully exploited.

0 Likes