Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Monitor

(Topic created on: 31-12-2022 09:09 AM)
Intuitiv99
Student
Options
I've had tiredness symptoms for a while after getting watch 5 it's telling me that some nights I'm under 80% oxygen for 10 minutes and I feel ***** next morning . So I told my Dr and she sent Me for a sleep study . This involved a little gadget you take home for 24 hours . The night I had it my watch 5 reported that I was over 90% all night . I also felt ok. The study came back saying I had mild apnea but not cause for concern . My watch 5 still tells me that 4 nights out of 7 I go below 80% even down to 71% which worries me. I told the sleep study Doctor who said samsung watches give unreliable data and not to trust them . Virtually saying the readings are wrong and it's a gimic they add to the watch to sell them . Now I'm confused as I thiught the Samsung readings were accurate and I'm still really badly tired quite often . 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
RouckySirius
Journeyman
Options
DRs jate to be told their imformation may be wrong, as the watch alerted you to the problem, look at alternative to help impeove your sleep quality. I had similar problem i find if i sleep on my side it is better ido an inhale insusion to clear my nasal passage prior to bed.
keith30
Maestro
Options
I'd go with the Dr's advice. Sleep apnea should be taken seriously as it can be quite dangerous if left un treated. My brother has it so I know first hand about the condition. It means you stop breathing for a bit and you suddenly wake up grasping to catch your breath. It can also lead to heart problems. Watches are like phones they can go wrong but at least you found out before it was too late.
Intuitiv99
Student
Options
That's just it if I concur with Dr nothing else is to be done . Yet I still have symptoms Dr don't always get things right as many in the graveyard would attest to if they could
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The watch is like all the other makes of smartwatch or fitness trackers.
It's only a guide for information, and they are not going to be 100% accurate.
Non of them will be medically rated. It's just a watch and medical equipment normally needs regular calibration checks that watches don't have.
They will have caveats that say if you suspect a problem then seek medical advice.
If your doctor suspects a sleep apnea issue, and you feel you need further checks. Then go back to your doctor for advice.
Biffbiffington
Journeyman
Options
I believe the blood oxygen measurment is pretty accurate, however I have had somewhere around 70% on some readings at night - I would be dead if it was true. I'm guessing it's the watch cutting circulation on the arm when it gets into a weird position while sleeping. Overall, use it as a guidance rather than a a scientific meassumrent, the positives I have got from it going to bed regularly and ensuring I get a good amount of sleep. Ps. Use the snore detection feature to see if you have sleep apnea, listen back to how your snoring is.
Midge123
Voyager
Options
Hi I had a Samsung watch as well it's not true with it's verdicts about sleep I have bought a Garmin tactix 7 Pro and the sensors are 100 times better than Samsung and no burn marks on your wrist either
0 Likes