Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shocking customer service and quality

(Topic created on: 08-01-2024 03:51 PM)
steve8283
Apprentice
Options
had my budspro2 for 14/15 months right ear bud wont charge samsung customer service no help and wsnt to chage me for repair but unser the comsumer act they arent fit for purpose so im in my rite to ask for a replacement or repair and samsung wont do anything £220 wasted copy of email ive sent and just get fobbed off all time appaing want to take this to head office or the ceo pleaee find email ive sent Dear Sir or Madam, REFERENCE: samsung - samsung headphones I purchased a samsung headphones from o2 At the point of purchase I paid £220.00. One of the ear buds wont charge they are 15 months old. The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract I have with samsung that goods be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. As you are in breach of contract and I've owned the product between 6 months and 6 years, I am within my statutory rights to ask for it to be replaced. I await confirmation that you will provide the remedy set out above within 14 days of the date of this letter. Yours faithfully, steven clarke samsung are trying to make me pay a service repair charge budd are 14/15 months old and arent cgarging properly but as stated in above im in my rights to ask for a free repair or replacement under the consimer rights act the customer service agent and manager i spoke to were rude and had a very bad attitude please can someone get back to.me asap
7 REPLIES 7
steve8283
Apprentice
Options
right buds obviously faulty been on charge all day wont go past 31 percent manager at samsung customer service very rude and tryed saying is my fault its broke1704731303548.jpg
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I believe the warranty period (if you are in the UK) is for only 12 months.

See picture attached from the samsung warranty site.

Samsung.com/uk/support/warranty.

Smiley20240108_183133_1000014345_1704738696.jpg
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
steve8283
Apprentice
Options
ive found a thread on hear what states it is 24 months in uk law directive 1994/44/ec it states that from the date of delivery, every item must be functioning for the first 24 months if treated correctly:"The seller shall be liable to the consumer for any lack of conformity which exists at the time the goods were delivered."And no terms and conditions is allowed to override this as set out in Article 7. So if your buds have broken and you've owned them for less than 24 months, you are legally entitled to a free-of-charge repair, replacement and i e emaild smasungs presidents office and they have responded
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
So are you stating that directive rule is correct for EVERY electronic device on the market? Or just samsung ?

What about an electric shaver... a toaster... a kettle ? So the manufacturer has a 12 month warranty but the directive overrides that.

I did take a quick look at this directive 1994/44/ec as you quoted... and although I didn't wish to read pages of legal wordings one point to make is that this is an EU directive written in 1999 originally and then refreshed in 2007 for member states of the EU.

Firstly it is very old and secondly unless it has been missed or i am mistaken, we are no longer a member state of the EU directives. That might have something to do with our brexit.

Honestly I think the manufacturer defines the warranty period, lists it in the small print of the device instructions and the website.

When you buy am item whatever it may be, you are agreeing to the warranty contract that is listed and included in the retail pack.

I very much doubt you would have any grounds to assume there is any additional warranty available other than that information given on the samsung website, and the small booklet that was supplied with the buds.

Despite all this, I sympathise that your buds are no longer working after only 15 months. I have owned some of the original buds, the buds pro and now the buds2 Pro... all of them have outlasted my needs in each instance.

Sorry for your bad experience.
Smiley
- Smiley

0 Likes
steve8283
Apprentice
Options
people havw used what i have stated and samsung have done the repair free of charge i have emaile rhere head office and they have asked for my proof of purchase so just waiting on a reply
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Well done for getting your result.
- Smiley

0 Likes
Boyo1927
Apprentice
Options
This isn't about a warranty it's about your rights as a customer in law and goods being fit for purpose. Well done to OP
0 Likes