Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung watch issues with exercise stopping

(Topic created on: 21-03-2024 01:40 PM)
Trevorlhill
Journeyman
Options
I am having issues with my Samsung watch 5pro.

Everytime I start a workout it stops after a few minutes and says "seems like you've stopped. Finish workout? 

I have turned off auto detect workout and also reset the watch but it is still doing it. The watch is snug on my wrist and I haven't had this issue before. I ly in the last few weeks. 

Any tips or advice welcome. 

53 REPLIES 53
Lucius_souza
Student
Options

I'm facing the same problem with my Galaxy Watch 6, after updating it the problem starts.

ron65418951981
First Poster
Options

having the same issue. actively exercising, and get interrupted to ask if i've stopped. not only that, it makes you scroll down to hit resume, instead of a simple dismiss, or god forbid "DISABLE THIS BONEHEAD FEATURE" button.

since samsung not only thinks i'm too dumb to end workouts on my own, but also can't even make a device that will recognize that I'M STILL EXERCISING, i'll be switching to another brand's watch today

AndrewL
Options

@Trevorlhill: If the watch detects that you are not moving, then it will automatically end any active workouts. Are you actively engaged in a workout when the issue occurs, as it seems as though this photo was taken while seated in a car? 

To troubleshoot the issue, head to the Samsung Health app > Work out > Tap the cog symbol under 'Walking' > Auto pause > Off. 

0 Likes
Trevorlhill
Journeyman
Options
I set the app to track my walking. I was walking continuously for 45 mins. And when I got back to the car this was the screen. It turns out it was only tracking for 10 mins. It does this on swimming, other workout, walking and running. My heart rate will be up and I will be moving and this screen still comes up with no notification so the watch does not track the workout. It is very frustrating.
Fred8Ross
Apprentice
Options

This exact thing has been happening for the last couple weeks. Today it happened 7 times during my workout. Three of the times were within a couple minutes of each other while I was obviously moving. Samsung needs to fix this or my watch is going in the dumpster and I'm switching brands.

Micky89T
Apprentice
Options
I get the same, even on exercises that don't have "auto pause" in their settings.
I think this boils down to tattoo issue as it takes some time to register my heart rate most of the time (I'm heavily tattooed)
Trevorlhill
Journeyman
Options
Yeah I've got tattoos but that's a severe tech problem if that's the case. Plus I've worn this watch for years and never had this before. It seems a recent thing. I wouldn't mind if it kept tracking while it was waiting for response but if you don't notice it it literally pauses the workout monitoring
Micky89T
Apprentice
Options
Its the case for most heart rate trackers, fair few articles on it. I've always had a slight issue (though the pause seems to be a new thing) but since this last update I get the same message as in your picture. Making me pull my hair out! Can disable auto pause on run etc but not on indoor bike and circuits that I'm trying to use
Mojoroboto
Explorer
Options

Why does not a single person at Samsung know what this stupid notification is? It is NOT AUTO DETECT, IT IS NOT AUTO PAUSE. THIS IS SOMETHING NEW THAT APPARRENTLY CANNOT BE TURNED OFF. GET RID OF THIS STUPID THING.