Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch 4 LTE Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 16-09-2021 10:14 AM)
Eddie1974
Apprentice
Options

So my galaxy watch 4 is not holding a charge to survive an entire day at work, let alone track activities as well. I am putting my watch on at 6am showing 100% battery by the time I get home 8-9 hours later watch is at 4% and on some occasions I have had to change to watch mode only to try and get through the day. Coming from a Garmin I am very disappointed at the moment, really need to look at getting this sorted. All the features they have put into it are good, but what's the point if the battery cannot even last 12hrs. I unfortunately tied myself into a vodafone contract to get this watch, and due to 14 day cancelation period being long gone, I am stuck with it. I can get a day out of it, if i literally dumb it down to nothing more than a watch. Galaxy Watch4 

14 REPLIES 14
Mayday_UK
First Poster
Options
Similar issue here. Every time I am away from my phone my watch seems to loose LTE connection and indicates its overheating and goes into un-switchable flight mode. When it cools down the battery has 10% less power. Supposedly it is a known issue. And BtW heat has nothing to do with this issue as I had my watch on in sauna and it was working fine.
Heen
Apprentice
Options

Yes, was on here looking because I'm having the same issue with my watch 4 40mm LTE. I put it on at 6am, completely flat by 1:30pm! I don't have always on screen turned on and mostly just used for notifications. Am really worried because I like it but there is no point to a watch that doesn't even last a day.

Heen
Apprentice
Options

Again today put on fully charged at 6am, watch turned off flat at 2pm. Screen was turned off. Just notifications today. I think (hope) it has come with a faulty battery but when I contacted Samsung this afternoon, the person said that the LTE connection drains the battery faster and didn't seem to understand what a problem this is. If I have to turn off LTE what's the point, I can't receive my messages, still need to carry my phone. Why sell a more expensive LTE model with a function you can't use.

I can take it in and have it sent away for assessment to validate my complaint (even though it records battery life and usage, I can literally email it to them). 

Overtake really disappointed with support and really concerned now that they have actually made a watch that lasts half a day!

Members_GPYugeH
First Poster
Options

Same problem here... i bought my galaxy watch 4 40mm lte like a month ago.. seen all the reviews between bt and lte and invested on the lte one. Much more expensive... i'm not even using it without the phone around  and still have to charge it in the middle of the day!! Its insane.. I had a fitbit versa before and even though it doesnt last more than a day, at least i only had to charge it when i went to bed.. and i used it for workouts everyday and chronometer many times... very dissapointed!!

MFmsf
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. 2 watches in the home, one LTE and one non LTE. Non LTE lasts 3 days. The LTE unit doesn't make it through the day 

Eddie1974
Apprentice
Options
I've had to pay out and buy a portable charger but I am back to my garmin now. I may as well have thrown the money out the window very disappointed with this.
Oceanica
Explorer
Options

Mine was sent back for repairs, and it couldn't be repaired - this presumably being a problem affecting all watch 4 LTE units. What a massive disappointment. I am in discussions with the retailer about how to resolve this, as I am not keen on getting a replacement that will presumably have exactly the same problem. 

0 Likes
Eddie1974
Apprentice
Options
They upgraded mine to the classic no extra cost but wish I had not bothered I feel it was a total waste of money.
Oceanica
Explorer
Options

Agree, the Watch 4 LTE, classic or not, is a comprehensive waste of money. Quite a few things don't work well, but the battery issue is just ridiculous. How was this not spotted during product development? It makes the watch unuseable.