Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch 4 Classic poor battery. Tips needed!! - RESOLVED

(Topic created on: 20-01-2022 09:11 AM)
amitmahay
Pathfinder
Options
Has anyone experienced a ***** battery life on the Samsung Watch 4 Classic? I only purchased 2 days ago and have been charging this everyday or so.
I'm losing atleast 20% overnight when on Do Not Disturb mode. 
Not sure if this is normal or what but I took my watch out of charge at 10.40pm. As I type this, at 9.50pm the next day, my battery is 65% with very very light usage. Power saving mode has been on most of the day. 
The only think that is automatically being monitored is my steps. Blood pressure, Heart rate and all that is turned off. 

Any tips on how to save battery will be much appreciated.
Samsung 21 Ultra || Samsung Watch 4 Classic || Samsung Tab S5e
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful to you

Reduced battery life on your Samsung smart watch

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003232/
Mark29359
Helping Hand
Options
The amount of information that you have on your watch maker a difference as well. I have time, date, battery level and 2 calendar events and a dark watchface and my watch battery lasts 2 days without any problems. My watch brightness is on low. I also use watchmaker which gives me the option of only showing the information I want.
0 Likes
amitmahay
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks Mark. What is Watchmaker? An app for the watch?
0 Likes
amitmahay
Pathfinder
Options
Tried all this Steve..doing this just ruins the point in having a smartwatch...
Mark29359
Helping Hand
Options
Hi Sunny1988er Yes it allows you to design your own watch or use the faces that are available.
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I'm using a basic watch face and the battery life is just poor on these watches. I have the 46mm Classic and my wife has the 42mm, both need charging every day / day and a half. If it's like that when new just imagine how bad it will be with battery degradation after 2 or 3 years use!!!

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
amitmahay
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks. I give this a shot
0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
These are the maximums I've had (watch4 and classic)....

I've come to terms with the relatively short battery life and a daily charge, but wack it on charge when I shower or in the kitchen making coffee etc....

Top tips if you havnt already:
- a dark background if possible
- AOD off
- no constant BP

I agree that you buy a watch to use the features and turning everything off to save battery is pointless. Screenshot_20220105-091511_Photos_34642_1641374127.jpgIMG-20220106-WA0011_34725_1641502073.jpg
0 Likes
amitmahay
Pathfinder
Options
Reducing the amount of notifications that come through helped. Especially Ring doorbell. Rinsed my battery is an under statement. Now getting 3 and a half days with power saving on... And 3 days with power saving off
0 Likes