Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay PIN ON Watch Since ONEUI 5 Update

(Topic created on: 19-09-2023 02:33 PM)
Rushie
Journeyman
Options

Hi, Ever since the ONEUI 5 update on my Gakaxy Watch 4, every time I go to use Samsiung pay on my watch it now requires a pin code for EVERY use.

It used to be that you put your watch on your wrist, put your pin in once (to see messages for example or to use Samsung Pay), then as long as the watch stayed on your wrist you wouldn't have to put the pin in again. 

It makes using Samsung Pay on the watch much more incovenient.

Has anyone else seen this.  Is it a bug ?  Is there a workaround ?

6 REPLIES 6
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yes I have seen this. I guess it makes it more secure.
0 Likes
Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
It's for security reasons so no one can use your card if they have your watch
0 Likes
Rushie
Journeyman
Options
Yes but it never used to be like this. You should only have to put on in once. If the watch stays on your wrist after this point then you have all the security you need.
DaveA1
Navigator
Options
Hi, I've got the latest update on my Watch5 Pro and don't get prompted each time. Once when putting the watch on then that's it. Have you got your watch tight enough on your wrist? Perhaps it's not in contact continuously hence regular prompts for PIN?
Rushie
Journeyman
Options
Thanks dave that's helpful. I think it's tight enough, it's the same as it has been for the last couple of years at least and I never had a problem before (also I can see messages fine etc just need a pin to use samsung pay). I might do a reset and see if that fixes things since you don't seem to be having the issue.
0 Likes
smg1
Helping Hand
Options
I have a GW5 Pro with OneUI5. I find its the time delay between uses of Samsung Pay that dictates how often you put the pin in
0 Likes