Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making and receiving calls plus payments

(Topic created on: 08-04-2023 11:11 AM)
TheMadHouse
Apprentice
Options
I understand that my Galaxy Watch can make and answer calls when the phone is nearby. My question is, is the reverse also true?
My wife keeps forgetting her phone so wants a Watch so she can make and receive calls and pay for a coffee while walking the dog etc. I'm wondering if I can use her sim thats in the phone in a Watch and the phone can make and receive calls when near the watch??

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
You will need the LTE model to be able to make and recieve calls. You would then need to contact your network provider to set up an esim plan for your LTE model watch. To make payments you can do this without your phone with LTE model and Bluetooth model.

https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/esim-on-uk-networks#:~:text=In%20the%20UK%2C%20eSIMs%20are,Galaxy....
TheMadHouse
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the reply. I'm not after another number. I wonder if I can have an esim that has the same number 🤔
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
This type of SIM isn’t a physical SIM but an electronic one that will be automatically downloaded to your watch from your phone during the initial pairing process.. I'm not sure myself as I've never set an esim for a watch up before. I'm guessing it will recieve messages and calls from the number your phone uses. It may show a different number for your watch esim, but is probably paired to your mobile number. Best thing to do is give your network provider a call and ask them.
0 Likes
TheMadHouse
Apprentice
Options
👍