Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've got a Galaxy Watch 4 Classic...should I upgrade?

(Topic created on: 18-10-2023 10:50 PM)
Iain321
Pathfinder
Options

My 4 Classic works perfectly fine. Smooth and responsive. But battery life is noticeably decreasing which is just starting to get annoying. 

So....I'm thinking I should trade it in for a 6 Classic and give Samsung £250 to do it. 

Should I? 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
If your battery and watch isn't living up to its daily use and you fancy a new one then yes. You won't notice much of a difference but you will have better battery and slightly better performance. If the battery is lasting you the whole day and you don't wear it at night then maybe not.
Neo001
Legend
Options

After the last update, the battery life has gone down to 1 day and 6-10 hours from the earlier 1 day and 15-20 hours. It still lasts a day.. Peesonally, I will continue with GW4 Classic for at least another year. If you are getting less than a day, try resetting the watch and check after 2-3 weeks if the performance improves. 

If you don't see any noticeable improvement, you could consider upgrading to 6 Classic.

Software wise it's exactly the same. Hardware wise, you  get a newer processor and sensors, besides the temperature sensor that is missing in GW4.

GusB
Big Cheese
Options
It's very iterative.i went from GW4C to GW6C, the screen increase and battery are noticeable, but only you can decide if that is worth the money....
Iain321
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks for your help everyone. I've decided to keep my GW4 for a bit longer. It performs well and I've reset it so hopefully will squeeze a bit more battery time out of it. ATM I'm getting a couple of hours more than a full day. Again, thanks all...you've saved me £££ 😁
0 Likes
Lee5G88
Pioneer
Options
Did you notice a significant change in battery life following the One UI 5 watch update?
Sent from my SM-G973F
0 Likes
Iain321
Pathfinder
Options

Not really. Seems about the same. 

0 Likes
Robin S
Explorer
Options

I have a GW6 Classic and I get about 40 hours of battery life, with everything turned off except for bluetooth, so that does not seem to be much more than what you are getting.

I like the large, bright screen, but dislike the poor sleep tracking. You could indeed wait for another year, maybe then there will be a PRO version of the 6/7 with the rotating bezzle. I have a 5PRO as well and love that for its battery life, but less so for its looks.

Iain321
Pathfinder
Options
Thank you... that's useful to know. I think I'll stick with the GW4. The only important reason for upgrading would be for slightly better battery life. Software and features are much the same.
0 Likes