Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Buds Pro microphone for Google Assistant?

(Topic created on: 10-05-2023 02:27 PM)
Members_Z7q2mXg
First Poster
Options

Hi, I use Galaxy Buds Pro with my Samsung Galaxy S22 and the problem I have is despite phone calls working good, I can't get it up and running with Google Assistant - once activated with the touch gesture button the GA switches to listening mode but it's listening on phone's mic and not Galaxy Buds Pro ones so when I have the phone away or in the pocket the voice doesn't really get through to the phone.

The same works for any type of voice recording apps, they all get input from phone's mic. I haven't found any setting in Samsung Wearable app that would make the Buds mic active instead. Is that possible to use Buds as microphone for Google Assistant?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
lollohasreturned
First Poster
Options
Have you activated the touch and hold feature and set it to voice command? You may also need to set your default virtual assistant as Google Assistant as yours might be set as Bixby (emphasis on the "might").
0 Likes
Members_UJuo7xm
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem and tried everything. Deleted Bixby en updated. I would also like to know if I can change te volume on the buds.

0 Likes
lollohasreturned
First Poster
Options
Yes you can!
If you go to your Galaxy Wearables app, whilst your earbuds are connected to your device, and go to your earbud settings you'll see "Labs". Go into Labs and activate "double tap earbud edge". What this does is that when you tap the edge of the earbud it'll either turn up or down your volume (right for up left for down). I much prefer to use the top of my ear instead so I don't accidentally activate touch controls. This feature works with touch controls off and on. I believe it uses its accelerometer to do this feature!

If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer!
0 Likes
lollohasreturned
First Poster
Options
Heres a screenshot of the best places Ive found for the feature to work at it's best (as tapping the actual earbud edge can activate other touch settings)

Hope this helps!VideoCapture_20230710-225141_1000006464_1689026143.jpg
0 Likes