Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HOW TO PUT CUSTOM RINGTONES AND NOTIFICATIONS ON TO A GALAXY WATCH4 CLASSIC LTE + BLUETOOTH :)

(Topic created on: 09-09-2021 09:53 PM)
sjj67
Navigator
Options
HI ALL  --  
THIS STILL DOES  WORK BUT IT DOES NOT CHANGE THE NAME OF THE RINGTONE --
PLS READ THE LAST POST'S FROM -> 
pq03icF,

SORRY  EVERYONE  BUT  AFTER  THE  LATEST  UPDATE  FROM  ->SAMSUNG/GOOGLE..😤
THIS  WILL  NO  LONGER  WORK  😠

THANK SO MUCH FOR THE 💩💩 XMAS PRESENT FROM ALL US USER'S

AND THANK SO MUCH FOR FIXING SOMETHING THAT WAS NOT BROKEN..... AGAIN  😤

This is how i did it  🤕

i downloaded this app on the galaxy wear store called ,, "sorry it is in the google app store "

"  myWear File Explorer  "  ... i have no doubt that other app's will work to

install it on both phone and watch  , mine is a Galaxy Watch4 Classic 46mm - Paired with S10+

open the app and find the files you want on your phone - send them to your watch4

go to your watch , open the app - "  myWear File Explorer  " ,the files i transferred  were at the bottom of all the folders ,not in a folder..... "it is posible to change the destination folder"

tap/hold , they will go blue then tap the 3 dots on the side to copy,,

scroll to ringtone folder, tap to open and then tap the tick to paste them in the ringtone folder,

also paste them to the notification folder if you want to use them

then check to see if it's in the ringtone folder

go to settings/ sounds and vibration, down to ringtone and when i tapped on it

yeppie i got a new ringtone

i hope you understand how i did it

You may have to turn your watch off and back on

update for everyone ... check out the pic's on page3 / if you do get a bit lost

Now i have over 130+ ringtones notification and alarm sound's after restart

ENJOY  

***    please click the    -     Like Button...     ***

cheers   👍

confirmed file's that this works with -

.mp3 -- .ogg -- .m4a    ,,, have all worked for me and other's...

ps

i've also been told that this will allow you to set custom alarm sounds on your watch,,

and a few have said --

***   a restart must be done to see all custom sounds   ***

ORyNvxs mentioned:

"I didn't see my custom files on ringtone list even after few restarts. But then I switched in sound settings sound mode from "sound" to "vibration" then to "silent" and again to "sound" and my custom files appeared on a ringtone list.

also see the pic's further on in the post's to help you ,, page 3     💥🤕

©️

it will not be long before someone does a youtube video to show you how step by step

but don't forget it was here first

i just seen there is a video on youtube but it's rubbish.....2weeks old.....todays date 28/11/21

+++++++++

HI ALL ,, IS ANYONE WILLING TO MAKE A FULL VIDEO OF THIS ,, IF YOU CAN PLEASE DO ,,

AS I'M NO GOOD AT THAT KIND OF THING,,

ALL I ASK IS THAT WHO EVER DOES GIVE'S A SHOUT OUT IN YOUR VIDIEO

TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS

ORyNvxs --

Add Tags

9 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
sjj67
Navigator
Options

A -Tick is the right one ,, as a - X is wrong,,,

The_Tick_is_Blue.jpg   ..... it's the Blue one !!!!!!!!!!!

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Members_ORyNvxs
First Poster
Options

I didn't see my custom files on ringtone list even after few restarts. But then I switched in sound settings sound mode from "sound" to "vibration" then to "silent" and again to "sound" and my custom files appeared on a ringtone list. Maybe it will help others too.

View solution in context

Solution
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options

I couldn't get the file to transfer across using the app. If it worked I couldn't find it.  However I did it like this. 

1. Install the MyWear File Explorer on watch.

2. Get mp3 tune on phone.  I shortened name but made sure it ended in .mp3

3. Found the music file, clicked and hold it to share, then chose galaxy wear. It asked for a permission,  clicked yes. I then repeated the step again. Once downloaded watch offers to open it. Ignore that,  unless you want to have a listen.  😀

4. Opened the MyWear file explorer app on watch. Navigated to music/galaxyWearable. Found the track 

5. Click and hold until it turned blue, clicked the 3 dots. Then cut , then pressed the arrow at top of screen pointing left twice to get to main folder, then went down to ringtone, clicked into the folder then pressed blue tick.

6 . Went to sound settings and it appeared straight away.

Hope this works for anyone struggling the other way.  

View solution in context

Solution
sjj67
Navigator
Options

I Should have got someone to do a video 🤣🤣🤣🤣

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Members_49gCjAA
First Poster
Options

I had problem also with the no display the ringtones to the list.

I strugled for a lot of time so i figure it out and came back to help others.

The solution is that you have to restart the watch via force restart 

( hold both buttons for 5 seconds)

and not just shutdown and turn on.

JUST that !

Hope i help .

i do this every time i put ringtones,

the other way with putting on vibration,silence and again to sound didnt help to me.

View solution in context

Solution
TangoWolf24
Student
Options
There is a way to do it but you need to have dev options enabled on your watch and using cmd with abd tools on Windows for your watch. The link below helped me as an alternate fix.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WearOS/comments/wyb8j7/guide_how_to_customize_ringtones_notifications/?utm_...

View solution in context

Solution
Marzmade
First Poster
Options

Guys... your ring tones are still there.. they are just named different. Go through the sounds and you should hear your custom sounds under the stock sounds names. 

View solution in context

Solution
PeteL
First Poster
Options

I got it to work. After copying it to the watch I tried restarting it, the notification tone didn't appear, tried to switch to mute, vibration and back to sound, still no luck. Then i went on the Galaxy Wearable app on the phone and went though the different standard tones and the last one, while still showing the standard name, played my custom tone instead. Set it and tried it and my watch now makes the sound of a star trek communicator when a notification plays

View solution in context

Solution
Gecks70
Explorer
Options

tutorial.jpg

 lets try step by step through each image in order

:click on the three dots

:choose create folder

:click the blank line, type a name of your choice

: you'll wind up back at the home screen, click the three dots again

:slelect settings

:click on the existing file string, this will take you to your folders

:scroll down to your new folder name and select folder, click on the tick that follows

:open the folder once your sound file is transfered via phone app

:press and hold the sound file till it turns blue

:choose copy

:click on the back arrow (less than sign)

:open the folder you want to place the sound file in (notification or ringtone

:click the tick.

:your sound file should now be in the folder you chose

:Now its just a matter of going to your galaxy wearable app on your phone, selecting watch settings, sounds and vibrations, selecting either ringtone or notification, and playing each sound option, till your sound file plays.

hope this works!

View solution in context

147 REPLIES 147
Scoyn27
First Poster
Options

I've tried a few different apps and it isn't working for me. Can you please make the youtube video so I can watch what you do and pause it for step by step?

0 Likes
sjj67
Navigator
Options

sorry i'll let someone else do it as ,,

the way i have done it worked for me and many other's,,

i only found this by trial and error and hours of headaches ,, i'am no expert ,

i was just lucky to find away to do it and other user's have told/helped me with things and then i've edited this post many time's

but there are so many different things that could be wrong 

allowed permissions - incompatible device - and the list go's on

i do hope you do find a way to get it working or you may have a friend who can help you ,,

but at least now you know it can be done, and you don't have to wait for samsung to fix it....

yours

sjj67

but i will say this if you have the app on both your watch and phone your 95% there, the rest is above,, and if you can do above and it show's the files in the ringtone folder on your watch,, reboot your watch it should work then as the files on your watch are in the right place.....

Zaichik
Explorer
Options
Thanks for the tip, but it doesn't work for me either. The file I want to use is in the ringtone folder, but it doesn't appear in the ringtone list in settings.
0 Likes
Zaichik
Explorer
Options
Weird, I've got it working but I'm not sure how. I wondered whether the filename might be too long, so I shortened it, but now the file has appeared in the ringtone list with its original name. As the filenames no longer match, it shouldn't work, but it does!
sjj67
Navigator
Options

Zaichik...

could have put it better,, Weird,, exectly the same thing happened to me ,

not there and then they were and i dont think it's the file lenth ,  i've a few long ones,

it's the watch - it's gotta mind of it's own...

" thats way i edited the post to say reboot the watch as others have said the same which seems to be what's needs to be done",,

but you've have got it to work so great have fun,,😉

0 Likes
PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options
Can confirm this works but in a weird way.....even after several restarts my ringtone would still not appear in the list , but after turning the watch off overnight the ringtone has now appeared and is selectable.....
MichaelThreatt
Student
Options

U said tap the tick to paste. What is the tick?

0 Likes
Solution
sjj67
Navigator
Options

A -Tick is the right one ,, as a - X is wrong,,,

The_Tick_is_Blue.jpg   ..... it's the Blue one !!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
MichaelThreatt
Student
Options

I have copied my ringtones then go to the ringtone file but nothing shows up to be pasted.

0 Likes