Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Golf Edition - Smart Caddie

(Topic created on: 13-06-2023 05:22 PM)
Guitar_Bob
Journeyman
Options

I used to own a Gear 3 with Smart Caddie and, in particular, used touch targeting all the time.  Have just purchased Watch5 Golf Edition because it comes with lifetime membership of Smart Caddie.  The accompanying Smart Caddie leaflet states that touch targeting is available as a function During The Round.  On checking the app, it is not an option. Touch Targeting.jpg

Have contacted Smart Caddie only to be informed they have removed it as part of product development.  This leaves me with a watch I love and lifetime membership of a golf app that has probably it's main useful on course function removed.

Will Samsung please put pressure on the Smart Caddie developers to reinstate touch targeting?!!
In the meantime I will have to go elsewhere for a golf app, probably Golf Pad, where touch targeting is provided either on the watch or the mobile app.   

There will certainly be other golfers equally disappointed, please rectify this Samsung.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
mspencer0710
Student
Options

Thank you for posting this. I've been trying to figure out this Touch Targeting for weeks now since I've gotten this watch and have yet to find any information outside of the provided leaflet.

Absolutely misleading that one of the biggest features that's promoted isn't actually available. Disappointed to say the least.

0 Likes
mspencer0710
Student
Options

@Guitar_Bob I emailed them yesterday and received this response:

We are planning a Smart View redesign update in early August, and this update will include the addition of touch targeting functionality

So hopefully this will be resolved soon.

0 Likes
Guitar_Bob
Journeyman
Options
Well done sir. That's great news. I use Golf Pad which has very basic info on the watch app but a great map with touch targeting on the phone app if I really need it. Will be great to have what we paid for from Smart Caddie!
0 Likes