Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 6

(Topic created on: 16-02-2024 09:20 AM)
Members_Q0URIAz
Student
Options

I recently purchased a galaxy watch 6 for my partner. Have set the watch up with the new s24 ultra. However, notifications on the watch are not functioning properly. Text messages flash up on the watch face as they should. WhatsApp messages are different. The only way you know there is a WhatsApp is the red notification dot on the left of the watch face, the watch does not show the message as it does the text messages. We have set the watch settings to 'show messages on watch face' but for WhatsApp this doesn't work. I have the galaxy watch 5 paired with a s23 ultra and WhatsApp notifications work perfectly. So is it the galaxy watch 6 at fault, or is it the new s24 ultra that the watch is paired to ? Any help or advice would be very much welcomed. Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you opened WhatsApp on the watch?
My partner had the same issue, tapped the WhatsApp tile on watch and a code popped up to connect it to the phone
0 Likes
Members_Q0URIAz
Student
Options

Hi there Thank you for the advice. We tried opening WhatsApp on the watch and then put in the code. However still no notifications. Also the Ring Doorbell doesn't get notifications on the watch only on the phone!!  But thanks for trying. 

0 Likes