Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 6 causing skin irritation

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
GoboboGo
Journeyman
Options
I received my reward watch a week or two ago, and from the first day of wearing it I noticed a slight rash forming on my wrist, directly underneath the watch face (I.e. from the watch itself, not the strap).

I do have sensitive skin and have had reactions from "dumb" watches before (although never from a smart watch). With them I'd put a layer of clear nail varnish on the underside of the watch, my questions are:

1. If I did that, would it interfere with the operation of the watch? My assumption is yes, can anyone confirm?
2. I understand this is a fairly common problem, does anyone know of any other ways to resolve it?

Thanks
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Don't wear it too tight.

I had burn in as well. Never had issues with my huawei watch.

I figured out that you can't have the watch too tight .

Keep the strap loose enough so you can slide your finger in between the strap and your wrist from underneath and you should be good.

If you already have the rash I'd wait a couple of days of not wearing the watch until it heals.

I was also wearing it to measure sleep which I have given up now as I am presuming the watch was getting pressed too hard against the skin resulting in burns.

AndrewL
Options

@GoboboGo: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue while wearing the Galaxy Watch6. We take matters such as this very seriously, therefore if you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

GoboboGo
Journeyman
Options
Thanks. I haven't been wearing it particularly tightly, I think it might either be an allergy to a material used in it (I saw another post where someone mentioned a nickel allergy, their reaction looked similar to mine), or if it might be retaining dampness after e.g. handwashing somehow?

Anyway, I'll have a break from it then try it on the loosest possible fit for a while, hopefully that'll help.
0 Likes