Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 5 pro remote connection

(Topic created on: 27-11-2023 05:09 AM)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Does anyone have an lte galaxy watch 4 or above and actively use the connection. I have found with my watch that if you phone hasn't be unlocked for a while and you leave without it my watch will switch to lte but won't connect the phone. If you come back to the house unlock the phone then leave it works a treat. Is there a work around or a fix for this? I have also sent a report of to samsung, not end of world just a bit annoying. 
5 REPLIES 5
bambung
Student
Options

I encounter this issue on my 5Pro LTE (connected to S23).  I wonder whether it's related to power-management on the phone.

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Yea it’s just silly I couldn’t get it to reliably work. Just before I switched I managed to get a whole day out of it. Usually you have to have recently unlocked your s23 and as long as the signal doesn’t drop I managed to get 8 hours out of mine but usually something makes it disconnect or it just doesn’t connect in the first place. It’s the most god awful set up. Never again 

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

I do think it’s mainly a security thing as if I didn’t recently unlock my phone you have no chance 

0 Likes
bambung
Student
Options

I also think that calling from the watch requires the watch's Location to be ON.  I have found that if Location is turned OFF when the remote connection is established, I get a message saying, "Connect using Bluetooth, then try again.".

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Yea I always had the location on anyway. It worked well when it worked but just didn’t a lot of the time

0 Likes