Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 5 last update

(Topic created on: 26-09-2023 06:04 AM)
AndreescuD
Pioneer
Options
It's there any possibility to go back to previous software, because after the last update, I got only problems. Inaccurate readings, alarm not in sync with watch... Instead of making it better they make it worse with last update..... 
6 REPLIES 6
Neo001
Legend
Options

You cannot go back to the previous version.

I have reset my GW4 Classic after the upgrade (without restoring backup) and it seems to be working fine (except reporting low deep sleep and 1-2 (new) features not working).

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Yes, i thought it was with the sleep, but now even the battery is dire.

Shame we cannot roll back

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Neo001
Legend
Options

Indeed, there is some additional consumption due to Google Play Services. After resetting the watch (GW 4 Classic), it seems to be inching back to 1.5 days (still not there yet).

Screenshot_20230926_102332_Galaxy Watch4 Manager.jpg

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I already performed a cache wipe and used to be closer to 2 days
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AndreescuD  Unfortunately it is not possible to roll back, it may take a little bit of time to settle down.  could reset, wipe cache partition but some still having issues.  procedure for wiping the partition is as follows:

ideas are to consider Power Saver Mode at times, ensure Apps are up to date,turn off unused health trackers,delete the cache and close Background Data. Further information here https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/

An other idea is to wipe the cache partition:

You should have the battery fully charged before starting this process on your smartwatch.

1. The Samsung Galaxy Watch must be turned on.

2. Now press and hold the "HOME" and "BACK" buttons simultaneously until you see the Samsung logo with "Rebooting".

3. Now release both buttons immediately and now press the home button (top right) quickly one after the other.

4. You are now in the boot menu of the Samsung Galaxy Watch. In this menu you can scroll with the "HOME" button by pressing it repeatedly.

5. Now navigate to the menu item "RECOVERY" and then press and hold the "HOME" button. This will reboot the Samsung Galaxy Watch into Android recovery mode.

6.You are now in recovery mode, which is similar to that of Samsung Galaxy smartphones.

7. Now press the "BACK" button (lower button on the right) until you have selected the menu item "WIPE CACHE PARTITION". To select it, press the "HOME" button once.

8. Now select "YES" by scrolling down and then select the entry with the home button.

9. The Wipe Cache partiton will now be executed on your Samsung Galaxy Watch. This takes a few seconds. Afterwards, the recovery menu is displayed again. Now select "Reboot Now" to restart the Samsung Galaxy Watch.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
JoLewis1969
First Poster
Options
I updated my GW4 yesterday and now it's not recording steps.