Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Fit 3 Step sync issues

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
KJ2008
First Poster
Options

Hi, I recently bought a Galaxy Fit 3 and there are issues with step count. Samsung Health doesn't count steps from the band if it's not connected to the phone via Bluetooth. To verify this - 

My step count on the band was 3250 but when I connected to Samsung Health it went down to 3052.

So I disconnected band from the phone and walked 40 steps leaving the phone on a desk. Band step count went to 3091. I connected the band to the phone, synced with Samsung Health and step count went back to 3052 on the band.

Effectively lost 40 steps. This is obviously a glitch because one doesn't always have their phone in the pocket for example at home or office. 

#galaxyfit3 #samsunghealth

15 REPLIES 15
Sinion
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue with my fit 3... Here's one of my many instances: went on a walk without my phone (S24), completed my 10,000 steps but as soon as opened my Samsung Health app on my phone, the steps on my fit 3 went down to 4,700 which was the steps on my phone. I ***** near cried. So far the fit 3 has had the opposite effect of motivation.

Please help

plukas
Explorer
Options

Hi guys, unfortunately it's a known issue but we still can't get any opinion from Samsung or if they will fix it. Check the comments on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EeQ8uD2KNY, unfortunately there are more bugs and it is very difficult to determine the root cause of the problems.

Dobri Dobrev
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have the exact same Problem. The Steps from the Phone are synced back to the Band and NOT the other way around. It is really annoying, because I'm trying to complete a 60k steps/week challenge for my Health Insurance company, but I'm not wearing my phone all the time. That's why I've bought the Fit 3. My wife has a Galaxy Watch 5 and there is no such Problem, it works as expected. I really hope @Samsung fix this issue as soon as possible.

0 Likes
plukas
Explorer
Options

The question is - does anyone from Samsung even read our comments? Is samsung working on fixing the problems? It seems to me that there is zero communication and effort on the part of Samsung to solve the problem transparently. I am considering returning the product stating the defect and encourage others to start thinking about it as well.

0 Likes
Saloni Laddha
Student
Options

If anyone finds a workaround for this nasty bug, please let me know too. It's so misleading data. Wish I read these comments before buying this 😞

plukas
Explorer
Options

Hi, there's no proper solution or workaround yet but you can try this-sometimes it helps:

Go to Settings → Apps → Samsung Health → tap Force stop → Storage → Clear Cache
Go to Settings → Apps → Galaxy Wearable → Storage → Clear cache
Go to Settings → Apps → Samsung Accessory Service → Storage → Clear cache
Restart watches and see if it helped

0 Likes
Dobri Dobrev
Apprentice
Options

Today I've re-installed Galaxy Wear and reseted the Fit3 Band to factory settings. After that I've connected it again and now it works as expected. Band Steps are synced over phone steps and do not get lost. I'll write hereif the problem appears again.

plukas
Explorer
Options

Last time I did it too, but it's only a temporary solution - the problem will reappear after some time (people have confirmed this in yt discussions and I've experienced it myself).

0 Likes
Sinion
Apprentice
Options

Can confirm this works. Thank you. I'll write back as well if the issue returns.

Steps I took:

1. Reset my fit 3 (from the fit 3 itself and not the Wearables app)

2. Un-installed the Wearables app (Uninstalled from the play store and not from the app drawer)

3. Reinstalled the Wearables app

4. Completed the set up of the fit 3

5. Skipped the part where they ask if you want to restore settings from a back up

Hope this is helpful 

0 Likes