Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Buds2 Pro not auto-switching between devices

(Topic created on: 22-02-2023 11:06 AM)
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options

This used to work great. Watching video on a Tab S7, get a phone call on my S22U and the buds would switch when I answered the call, then switch back when I finished.

Now what happens is the ringtone comes through to the buds, but when I pick up, the call is on the phone microphone/earpiece and the video continues to play in my earbuds.

The same if listening to music or podcasts on the phone. Get a phone call, pick up, phone call ends up on the phone and music keeps playing in earbuds.

I've also noticed if I start a phone call on the earbuds, after a short time it drops and goes back to the phone.

So my earbuds aren't very useful. All this used to work perfectly a few months ago.

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try reset just the ear buds for now

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you rest you headset just in case you accidentally made a change? Or it just needs a reset
0 Likes
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options

I'm starting to reset everything now see if it helps. Started with forgetting the earbuds and repairing. Then I'll try reset, clearing caches etc.

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
0 Likes
Solution
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try reset just the ear buds for now
0 Likes
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options

Earbud reset did improve things. It still refuses to switch now and again, but not every time now

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
0 Likes
OrlGut
Apprentice
Options

I have this issue, in which I have a GB2 Pro 360, a Tab S7 FE and a Buds 2Pro, and although I'm connected to my Samsung account on both the tablet and the laptop, the buds 2pro does not auto-switch between them whenever I change the audio source (auto-switch is enabled in both the tablet and the laptop). I was even considering buying a Galaxy 23+, to have the complete ecosystem, but with no auto-switch, the ecosystem makes no sense to me.

Jamze
Pathfinder
Options
For me, I think the Book2 Pro 360 is causing some of the issues. When you wake it up it seems to pull the Buds connection to the laptop, interrupting whatever I was doing. I've now unpaired from the laptop, Buds seem more reliable between the phone and tablet. Shame, 'cos auto-switch would be neat if it worked across everything.

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
OrlGut
Apprentice
Options

If it worked across everything, that would be great, but I can't find a proper answer to that. I've seen some people saying it works, but I have the impression I've seen more people saying it doesn't. If that's the case, instead of buying a S23+, it would be cheaper to keep my current smartphone (which is still working great) and buy a Sony wf-1000xm4. 

0 Likes
Members_WSXLRgx
First Poster
Options

Is there any fix for this issue? I'm able to switch between devices without any problems with my Galaxy Buds+ and Galaxy Buds Live. With the new buds2 pro feels like I'm using something very cheap and ureliable. I can only switch from laptop to phone. Once that is done if I want to use them on the laptop again I need to repair them again.... terrible pair of earphones.....

0 Likes
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options
It's the laptop that causes issues for me. I eventually disabled the easy bluetooth connection feature, unpaired the buds and unlinked the Windows phone link software. The buds now switch reliably between tablet and phone, phone call comes in, pauses video, switches, hang up call, switches back and video starts again.

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
0 Likes